Sheds Early

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

freezeAR
500 Club

Re: Sheds Early

Unread postby freezeAR » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:28 am

Last week I was scouting based on a good rub found earlier. I felt like I knew where he was going and studied maps to locate bedding. Made it a mile and a half back almost where I was anticipating bedding and I jumped a big bodied deer with knots on his head where rack used to be. Im in Arkansa.

Bigrivermarine

Unread postby Bigrivermarine » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 am

freezeAR wrote:Last week I was scouting based on a good rub found earlier. I felt like I knew where he was going and studied maps to locate bedding. Made it a mile and a half back almost where I was anticipating bedding and I jumped a big bodied deer with knots on his head where rack used to be. Im in Arkansa.

What part of Arkansas? I hunt around Henry Gray/Hurricane Lake, Bald Knob Refuge, and Cache River. Some private in those areas also. I haven’t noticed any shedding in those areas yet but I haven’t checked cameras in the past week or so. Been busy at work. Boat season is upon us. :lol:
freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:48 am

Bigrivermarine wrote:
freezeAR wrote:Last week I was scouting based on a good rub found earlier. I felt like I knew where he was going and studied maps to locate bedding. Made it a mile and a half back almost where I was anticipating bedding and I jumped a big bodied deer with knots on his head where rack used to be. Im in Arkansa.

What part of Arkansas? I hunt around Henry Gray/Hurricane Lake, Bald Knob Refuge, and Cache River. Some private in those areas also. I haven’t noticed any shedding in those areas yet but I haven’t checked cameras in the past week or so. Been busy at work. Boat season is upon us. :lol:

Im sure we have crossed paths. All the ones you mentioned are closed due to flooding. I do hunt each of those refuges. I live in Independence Co.
Bigrivermarine

Unread postby Bigrivermarine » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 am

freezeAR wrote:
Bigrivermarine wrote:

Yeah, I’ve got a small farm I can hunt near Cache River that’s open. Private ground over there is still open till the river hits 11’ on the Patterson gauge. Cache River refuge is still open. Bald Knob is closed due to the duck hunting and I think Hurricane Lake is closedfor the season I heard. My son in law and his family farm over there. I actually live in West Memphis.

Im sure we have crossed paths. All the ones you mentioned are closed due to flooding. I do hunt each of those refuges. I live in Independence Co.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”