Rampage Broadheads

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HunterBob
500 Club

Re: Rampage Broadheads

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:23 am

milkweed-militia wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:I've been using them for a few years and had great results. I've had about as many completely pass through as not. When I say pass through, I mean sticking in the ground on the other side of the deer. All of mine have went through the deer, but some were just hanging out the other side either being broken off or pulled out when the deer started running.

How many shots have you taken with them. With my 40yd shot, which I normally do not take (last day of season and a two year drought got the better of me), it was lodged in his opposite ribcage, but no exit hole. I was very dissapointed with the 15yd shot however. Even if I hit her squarely in the shoulder, which i can't imagine it did, I would have expected more penetration than I got.

I'm not sure how many total, but I think two of mine weren't complete pass throughs. I was thinking that it was more, but it's only been two. I haven't hit one in the shoulder, but I have blown completely through a rib and still passed through. I've been pleased with them but you will no doubt lose penetration capability due to the way they deploy. My bow is a little over 70lb. draw and I use Velocity Pros part of the time and Kinetic XTs part of the time. I would suggest sharpening the blades right out of the package. It makes a difference.

All this being said, I have still been playing around with the idea of looking at something different.

Thanks for the info. I certainly think that only using them with a heavier arrow and only for short distances is where I am landing on them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”