Late Season Mornings for Mature Bucks w Cold/Snow?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

johndeere506
500 Club

Late Season Mornings for Mature Bucks w Cold/Snow?

Unread postby johndeere506 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 am

I normally don't hunt mornings late season, especially on a food source. I have seen some daylight pics of good bucks in the mornings with snow and cold though.
I hunted Ohio last weekend for the muzzy weekend and the weather was warm and deer werent moving. I thought I was done for the year after that. I just checked the forecast and my area down there and its going to snow saturday 3-5 inches, and taper off sunday. Now Im trying to talk myself (and my wife....lol) into me going down one last time. The neighbor put out a bunch of corn at the bottom of the ridge, and I know the good bucks were hitting it at night last weekend. Have you had success late season mornings like this? If not I was going to drive 5 hours each way just for the evening sit. Morning is do able, i just wont get to sleep that night at all. Maybe I can swing it one last time, just dont want to ruin a high probability evening sit.

I was really determined to get my first OH buck this year, the drive is still here for sure.....

Navy96

Re: Late Season Mornings for Mature Bucks w Cold/Snow?

Unread postby Navy96 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 am

If you have the opportunity to hunt then go for it!!!!
Your not going to make it happen sitting at home.
Thats why i try to hunt ANY available opportunity- regardless of the weather conditions.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”