PA Sunday Hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jmickey

PA Sunday Hunting

Unread postby jmickey » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 pm

For all your fellow PA beast hunters out there. What is your thoughts on Sunday hunting?

Josh_S
500 Club

Re: PA Sunday Hunting

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:33 pm

I hope it passes. An already way too short 6 week archery season where the average working guy can only hunt Saturday unless he takes vacation really limits our opportunities as is. Having that extra day would be huge.

This is just one of many changes I would be in favor of, but I don't want to go on a rant.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:41 pm

I'm all for it!!
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
arrowflinger73

Unread postby arrowflinger73 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Needs to happen if not I'm buying New York tags this season
AJB

Unread postby AJB » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Definitely needs to happen!
LowLight

Unread postby LowLight » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Would make my time to get in the woods a lot easier. Seems to be getting some traction but we’ll see if anything comes of it this time around.
kamcgraw

Unread postby kamcgraw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm

It's ridiculous that we still have to talk about this. And the arguments against Sunday hunting are just downright outrageous. I know Sen. Laughlin is making a good push to put an end to the ban. Let's hope it works!
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 am

I live in Ohio but it has kept me from making trips several times to family camp because of my schedule and not being able to hunt while I’m there
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 am

It's so stupid that this is even a question these days. WV finally got statewide Sunday hunting this year and it has been awesome! All the arguments against it are a non issue in the real world. It's hard enough to have time to get out anyways and with many guys working six days a week it really cuts their time down. I hope it changes for you PA guys!
Djp32

Unread postby Djp32 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 am

I’m all for it as well... in the paper the other week there was some artical on having the buck season gun opener on Saturday now instead of Monday in hopes of boosting license sales. I think Sunday would get way more sales than the Saturday opener would get. I think the buck season proposal would be the final nail in the coffin for the already fading away traditional deer camps. You will no longer have any time to sight in, small game hunt, set stands, play cards all night with out having to worry about getting up early to hunt, etc. I guess guys will just get up on Sunday and go home how unless of coarse the permit Sunday hunting
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:54 am

what are the arguments against Sunday hunting?
BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:47 am

I think it is totally asinine that there isn't Sunday hunting in PA. In terms of recruitment and license sales, I'm a Non-Res and would have bought my license again this year BUT had a hard time justifying a 2.5 hour drive each way just to hunt 3 late season Saturday's (with very unpredictable weather conditions). Not that my $150 (give or take) license sale is much in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure there are others in the surrounding states that don't buy licenses for that reason as well.

It's also a frequent topic across the hunting community that with the baby boomers aging, there is not enough of an influx of youth hunters being introduce to the sport. It would probably be a huge benefit to us all for PA to allow Sunday hunting immediately and in the future.

Unlike NY, PA has a massive amount of public lands, as well as the hunter access program, and as a state has a great opportunity for new hunters to have accessible hunting grounds. I think the quality of hunting in PA has gone up significantly, and I think it will continue to do so as the hunting culture changes.
JShea

Unread postby JShea » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 am

All for it....first year for my son, he hunted the first day of rifle, first saturday and half the last day because of basketball game.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 am

Quite simply it is absurd that it's banned.

Hoping implementation goes smoothly. We have the most hunters in the country by some measure and a lot of vocal gun hunters that get all P.M.S. every time expanding archery season is mentioned, even though we already have one of the shortest archery seasons in the country. Adding 6 Sundays to archery season while awesome will get their panties all in a wad. I guess I would trade a portion of the season but it dang well better not be the November portion.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am

I am all for Sunday hunting in PA . It’s rediculous that it’s been banned this long .

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”