PA Sunday Hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Josh_S
500 Club

Re: PA Sunday Hunting

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 am

kcole1987 wrote:I'm all for it. I'm also all for extending our archery season that ends two weekends into November which I just don't understand.

YES! I agree 100%. There's really no reason archery should even go out until deer season is over in mid January. Way to much micromanagement.

Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:47 am

kcole1987 wrote:I'm all for it. I'm also all for extending our archery season that ends two weekends into November which I just don't understand.

I have sent many emails and letters without a single reply. I simply cannot come up with a logical reason that the archery season should go out as early as November 11th on some years.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:02 am

backstrap19 wrote:Not to be a party pooper, but i live in pa, and i have a slightly different view. I am totally addicted to hunting. if the season is in, i am in the woods. i can't sit out a day, and i'm consumed with being in the woods. i also enjoy being a father and being married. no sunday hunting allows me a day with my family without the stress of thinking i should be in the woods. i know my argument is weak, and probably silly. however, just being honest.

If your stressing out because you think you should be in the woods, that's a personal issue. Just because the season is open doesn't mean anyone has to go and not spend time doing other things. Why can't people make their own decision? Why do people need the government tell the how to live?
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 am

Thesouthpaw wrote:

I have sent many emails and letters without a single reply. I simply cannot come up with a logical reason that the archery season should go out as early as November 11th on some years.

When you combine the short season with no Sundays, there is a significant lack of opportunity here. I hope AT LEAST one of these out dated regulations change soon....hopefully both
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 am

Josh_S wrote:
Thesouthpaw wrote:

When you combine the short season with no Sundays, there is a significant lack of opportunity here. I hope AT LEAST one of these out dated regulations change soon....hopefully both

I completely agree. It is hard for a guy with a full time job to hunt very far from work in the evenings, leaving only one day to actually pound ground and get a long ways off the road.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Smokin x's
Facebook: Mike Mort

Unread postby Smokin x's » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Thesouthpaw wrote:
Josh_S wrote:
Thesouthpaw wrote:

I completely agree. It is hard for a guy with a full time job to hunt very far from work in the evenings, leaving only one day to actually pound ground and get a long ways off the road.

That's been my biggest struggle the past two years. It really sucks only having one day a week.

I'm all for Sunday's.
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Thing is, you'll never make everyone happy! I always see the argument that non-hunters need a day to not worry about being in the woods. That complete crap. If hunters are restricted to "protect" non hunters, then why hunters not protected. I would love to see documented cases that show just how many incidents have happened with a hunter vs non-hunters. After hunting West Virginia this year, I really felt that there was no difference. Its just another day to hunt. It really only still a law because of opinion. I believe that it needs to be passed, and I also believe that this state will muck it up. Not the game commission but the politicians, by trying to appease those who appose it. There is already way to much government regulation, and this will only be another topic that is over regulated.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”