Historical wind data

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PredatoronthePrairie

Historical wind data

Unread postby PredatoronthePrairie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:16 am

It is just me or does it seem like weather underground has changed their historical weather data format?

Which is sad cause that was my go to for the longest time.

Any suggestions on what I'm might be doing wrong or better places to find this info.

Thz

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Historical wind data

Unread postby brancher147 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:16 am

I haven't been able to get anything from WU for weeks on laptop. The page comes up with logo, etc. but no information. It works on my phone, but then I get a popup for having won some contest or some nonsense almost immediately. I have given up and started using intellicast and noaa. Don't know if either of them have wind history, I never used that from WU because the closest station is a county away and out of the mountains with very different winds.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:59 am

Weather Underground used to be the best around and my goto weather app for many years. Really went downhill lately and I can’t even trust it anymore. Not sure what happened.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Yes it’s gotten goofy
treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:02 pm

I used to be able to see the pressure changes on their graph but I can pull them up anymore. It's getting as bad as weather.com is to load.
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:11 am

I'm still using wunderground. Sometimes the current wind direction compass is screwy, but other than that, things seem to be OK, for me. It is still better than NOAA weather. It seems to have the most accurate localized weather, from what I have found. I normally write down the conditions of my hunts. If I do forget to log the info, I can still figure out which wind (pretty close) I was hunting, by the stand I was in. If I am combining historical wind direction with trail cam photos, I have to take their word for it. I suppose I could write the weather conditions for each day on a calendar, for back up. If there is anything out there better than wunderground that I can access from my lap top, please fill me in.
PMVBowhunter

Unread postby PMVBowhunter » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:39 am

I found this site recently. It breaks the weather data down into segments throughout the day.

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa ... d/historic
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:41 am

ive been looking at the wind with wind finder last two years and it seams too be very accurate for a day too day hunt. even getting the rain right so far as long as you dont look forward more than 3 days
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
PredatoronthePrairie

Unread postby PredatoronthePrairie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am

Windy an windfiner are nice, an wunderground seems to have the ten day nailed.

I'm looking for monthly wind rose data going back a couple years for out of state hunts. Know at one time they had that data.

Even the graphs do from w.u. seem to have gone down till tho.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”