D'Acquisto Series Mobile Hunting System

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampbuck

Re: D'Acquisto Series Mobile Hunting System

Unread postby Swampbuck » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
TripleOG wrote:How many of us fill up our trucks tanks once a week or more for $60 at a time and never think twice? That’s $240 a month without hesitation. We spend lots of money On stuff like that and never think twice about it. How many of us could not eat out for three months and have enough to buy the sticks and stand?

Food and fuel are necessities... Unless you can do without living and making a living. However 850 for a stand and set of sticks.... that's another matter.

I dont think it's a huge deal depending on the type of hunting. Bow is around that price, so is a gun, sets of good clothes get close. For the amount the tool is used I can make sense of it. Now for someone that isnt 100% mobile, or isnt in difficult terrain, or has no problem with a heavier stand then it's not worth it. I think it's just a niche market. But appears to be growing more and more.

Make It Happen
TripleOG

Unread postby TripleOG » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:59 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
TripleOG wrote:How many of us fill up our trucks tanks once a week or more for $60 at a time and never think twice? That’s $240 a month without hesitation. We spend lots of money On stuff like that and never think twice about it. How many of us could not eat out for three months and have enough to buy the sticks and stand?

Food and fuel are necessities... Unless you can do without living and making a living. However 850 for a stand and set of sticks.... that's another matter.

Food is a necessity..but eating out is not..fuel is kind of a necessity(you could buy a bike right?) but fuel in a 4 door 4wd truck that I’m sure a majority of hunters drive is not a necessity.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:14 pm

I think LWCG made it clear this stand wasn't designed for the masses, that stand has been produced already by many. Dan has said the same about his sticks and will his stand. I dont know the profit margin but I'm guessing they're making less than many want to think. I think they made a neat stand but I'm really favoring my saddle right now, hope Dan's stand is as good of a design or better.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Original 8.5lb assaults have sold for 350-400 on eBay.
buckeye

Unread postby buckeye » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:58 pm

GloryDaysDesign wrote:I realize I asked this before, but why are there no straps around the sticks when they are packed flush on the stand? Can you only pack the sticks on the stand if you take the straps off? This seems to be the biggest mystery. It’s kinda like looking at the perfect TVs disayed flawlessly in Best Buy, only to purchase that TV to realize there are wires EVERYWHERE when you put it on your wall.

I spoke with Cody at the ATA show and asked him about that. He said they will pack flush with the straps attached no problem.
Instagram.com/buckeye_archer
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Got a chance to check out the stand/sticks this past weekend and I was impressed....looks like a very nice setup for us mobile guys.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:59 am

TripleOG wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:

Food is a necessity..but eating out is not..fuel is kind of a necessity(you could buy a bike right?) but fuel in a 4 door 4wd truck that I’m sure a majority of hunters drive is not a necessity.

I concede those points. One could skip the restaurants and drive a Prius. Most pickup truck drivers are using their vehicles to haul sailboat fuel 98% of the time anyway. IF this stand/stick combo is something you want bad enough, where there's a will, there's a credit card. That's the American way.... for better or worse.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:49 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
TripleOG wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:

I concede those points. One could skip the restaurants and drive a Prius. Most pickup truck drivers are using their vehicles to haul sailboat fuel 98% of the time anyway. IF this stand/stick combo is something you want bad enough, where there's a will, there's a credit card. That's the American way.... for better or worse.

One thing I notice is that a lot of people do go this route in purchasing products. I see these types on archery talk and Facebook quite a bit. They buy their products, take the pictures showing them off proudly, use them once, then put them up for sale a month later. I never understand it since I'm the person who once making such a big investment, I intend to get my monies worth out of it. I suppose there is nothing wrong with it, but in mind it doesn't make sense.
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Trout wrote:
Florida wrote:I saw the stuff at the show. Guys at the booth were very friendly and excited to show their stuff. Everything seemed like unfinished prototypes to me. I will say the stand seemed about done. Dan's had a working stand prototype for over a year, and his sticks are already in production. Wouldn't be surprised if the Beast stand is available for purchase first.

That's one thing that didnt make sense to me. Why rush an unfinished prototype to market? They still didnt even have a stand and sticks that locked together. How do they know what they are trying to do will even work? In the knee video I saw, Cody had to hold the sticks on the stand and say, this is how it's going to work. Why not get the bugs worked out and actually get some finished prototypes in the hands of some field testers first to work the bugs out? As a consumer, it's a great time to be a mobile hunter, but come on, do you expect me to buy something that's never actually been hunted with? That's crazy.

I think Dan is doing this right by trying to get all the bugs worked out before releasing his stand to the market. Not to mention, the hype that's building up at the same time is gonna make it very hard to get your hands on one for a while.

Difference is, Dan is making the stand and sticks for himself, then selling it to the consumer. Others are just making the stand and sticks for the consumer. Letting the consumer reviews work the bugs out. I'm sure Andrea worked the big stuff out. And he is an industry genius, so I'm sure the product will be Superior to most on the market right from the start. Give it a year's worth of reviews and they will have a spot on 2nd gen.

Dan cant wait for consumer reviews. Because he's making it for himself. He has to perfect it on his own for himself. This takes more time. But the end result is the best mobile setup from the best mobile Hunter.
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:56 pm

TripleOG wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:

Arguing how trading your vehicle for a bike to be able to afford a deer stand could possibly make sense at all???How did this thread hit this point? Let me solve this very simply. If you can afford a sweet mobile setup without trading your chevy for a huffy go for it. Better yet wait for Dans stand. His sticks are fantastic and were worth every penny. Also there is no sense in saying any of this is overpriced as everyone has different views on what is expensive. You pay for quality or you make due with what is affordable and that is just fine. Many people probably have plenty of success with less expensive setups.. The lone wolf stand/sticks were the best or so I thought until I bought Dans sticks. I was able to ditch the lw's and upgrade for minimal cost. Bottom line is that arguing price is a waste of time, people are going to buy them. You dont have to.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 am

I killed deer from the ground, a Summit, cheap $40 stands & lone wolf.

I killed deer with bows that shot 175 fps, all of the caliber guns, shotguns & Muzzleloaders I own. Heck, Muddy kills with a knife and is a stay at home Dad. NOW That IS a great movie theme right there!!!

I killed deer wearing wool, camo & shorts & scentlock.

I've killed deer using scents, attractant & Off bug spray...

I've kept my food EDible by utilizing cold streams, plastics bags, Igloo & Thermos coolers.

I cut my branches with a fiskers extendable pole saw/pruner...

How about liking what you got and when the time or need comes, you review for YOUR needs and what makes you tick...

Everyone has a price point for different reasons, some are more frugal...

I just bought a 2018 Silverado. I really like the 2019 though :think:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:31 am

Good post Ed

Whatever makes that individual more comfortable or confident is what's right for them.

More choices and the freedom to exercise that choice is what makes Capitalism great.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:I killed deer from the ground, a Summit, cheap $40 stands & lone wolf.

I killed deer with bows that shot 175 fps, all of the caliber guns, shotguns & Muzzleloaders I own. Heck, Muddy kills with a knife and is a stay at home Dad. NOW That IS a great movie theme right there!!!

I've kept my food EDible by utilizing cold streams, plastics bags, Igloo & Thermos coolers.

How about liking what you got and when the time or need comes, you review for YOUR needs and what makes you tick...

I just bought a 2018 Silverado.I really like the 2019 though :think:

I just got the 2019 LTZ, there are some nice upgrades in it!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
TripleOG

Unread postby TripleOG » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 am

minnesotahunter wrote:
TripleOG wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:

Arguing how trading your vehicle for a bike to be able to afford a deer stand could possibly make sense at all???How did this thread hit this point? Let me solve this very simply. If you can afford a sweet mobile setup without trading your chevy for a huffy go for it. Better yet wait for Dans stand. His sticks are fantastic and were worth every penny. Also there is no sense in saying any of this is overpriced as everyone has different views on what is expensive. You pay for quality or you make due with what is affordable and that is just fine. Many people probably have plenty of success with less expensive setups.. The lone wolf stand/sticks were the best or so I thought until I bought Dans sticks. I was able to ditch the lw's and upgrade for minimal cost. Bottom line is that arguing price is a waste of time, people are going to buy them. You dont have to.

I will be buying one.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Chuck B wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:I killed deer from the ground, a Summit, cheap $40 stands & lone wolf.

I just bought a 2018 Silverado.I really like the 2019 though :think:

I just got the 2019 LTZ, there are some nice upgrades in it!

The price of trucks are INSANE! I think I’d rather drive my 2007 rust bucket and get a Ferrari!
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”