Interesting thought on success for 2018 season

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tnhunter83

Re: Interesting thought on success for 2018 season

Unread postby Tnhunter83 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:45 am

backstraps wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
I went to hang a few today

:laughing-rolling: :lol: :lol:

may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:17 am

Definately have to be smart with the trailcam use. I definately think the old mature bucks pick up on stuff like that. Not to mention the scent left while going to retrieve the cards or even hanging the cams.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
dagger

Unread postby dagger » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 am

Bowhunter4life wrote:I believe cameras are a curse to most. They can be a great tool but so often they are a misused tool. I use them, but many times they have nothing to do with my kills. I believe that scouting either just prior to the hunt or at the time of the hunt looking for some sort of evidence that a buck is in the area then go from there. I look for this and set up right then and there on it.

Cameras hurt so many I believe because let’s face it, you get a picture of a big old brute in a area it is hard to pull away from there. Most guys won’t. They will continue to go back and maybe hunt different trees around there but that buck most likely has already moved off. They kinda leave you chasing your tail if you try to hunt based off the intel you get from them that season. Cellular cameras is a different story I suppose but 99 percent of us hunters don’t use those and get that instant intel from a trail camera.

That there is exactly what I'm talking about. I know I've done that in the past and it's cost me some huge bucks. They can be very handy to use but a guy has to be a good Hunter prior to using them.
big Den

Unread postby big Den » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:16 am

I would much rather read sign. Nothing gets my heart pumpin like a stinky black fresh scrape...or a group of rubs heding out of a bedding area...trumps a night pic on a camera any time..
bh bowhunter

Unread postby bh bowhunter » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm

I rely heavily on the intel that cameras give me in the big woods I hunt. My problem is I have a huge national forest to roam and scout and have to narrow down good spots that I scouted, and have found deer sign. I have very few places to glass from, and just locating a shooter buck is half the challenge! The buck I arrowed this season was due to the info I got from a cam I left along a well used trail high up on the south slope of a mountain.
dagger

Unread postby dagger » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Interesting how many different views/reasons guys have for using or not using them. Like the old saying goes, "each to their own" said the Irish woman as she kissed the cow :lol:

I can fully understand each different view on the subject. Each guy just does what's most productive/exciting for him and that's what makes the world go around. It's been a good discussion and good to hear everybody's thoughts on the matter :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”