Swamp/ food source tactics late season

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampmonsters

Swamp/ food source tactics late season

Unread postby Swampmonsters » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 am

I am in farm country in s.w. wisco. The farm I can hunt has 25 acres of standing beans on it yet. I've shined this field a couple times looking for activity and havent seen much other than the neighborhood does. Being December I was hoping for some neighboring deer to even move in. Is it just to warm out for them to really hit the beans? I neighbor a sizable swamp and thought they would cross the river and maybe move closer to the food source. Just wondering what some of your thoughts are? Do they still have food sources in the swamp? I know there is a lot of corn available to pick through and not too froze down. New to the forum and looking for some late season insight. Thanks

vtbuck
500 Club

Re: Swamp/ food source tactics late season

Unread postby vtbuck » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:12 am

Cold and snow will make the bean field a deer Mecca. It will fill up. Snow is coming middle of next week with some colder temps. Could be really good!
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”