The camera star buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BowHusker

The camera star buck

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm

This is the buck my brother harvested during the November rifle season. We had a ton of history with this deer and tons of pics. He earned the name because we had well over 100 pics of him. We own a small 80 acre parcel that he called home and he actually bedded about 50 yards off our property usually. I'm very confident I could have had a shot at him early season but my brother insisted we give him one more year...it almost caused an argument actually lol. So I decided not to hunt him because I knew there was no way I would pass him.

He took some days off during the week to hunt and I get a call at work from my cousin who was hunting with him in the blind with him. Worried that something bad had happened I took the call only to hear my cousin whisper "we have in front of us, he's big, your brother wants to know if it's ok if he takes him?" I replied back " I've been wanting to take that deer since September, take the shot!" The rest is history. If you look you'll notice a lump in his shoulder, it's actually where a bow Hunter on the neighbors property hit him a little too high the about a week before, so who knows if he would have made it. This buck was actually #2 on our list. I'm hoping to get a late season pic of our #1 but he always disappears until late summer and early fall. He's almost a ghost but he has shown up 10 yds from my stand two years in a row on the same day. I will be in it next yr on this day, hopefully he survived.

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: The camera star buck

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:50 pm

That’s a dandy. Congrats!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Great buck. Congrats to your brother. 8-)
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Congrats to your bro!
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:09 am

Awesome Buck
backstraps