Antlers are dropping

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: Antlers are dropping

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:30 am

I'm in Ohio and every year during December and January we see quite a few shed bucks. Really sucks accidentally shooting one when your just trying to kill doe.

BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:31 am

Pulled one of the antlers off of my buck from 12/8 while dragging. He was injured already so that could be a major reason for that.
fatblockabody

Unread postby fatblockabody » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:38 am

10pt I was chasing around most of archery season was shot by the neighbor on the last Thursday of the PA rifle season and shed when it fell. Another neighbor shot a buck already shed on the last Saturday of PA rifle. This buck was much leaner than the doe I shot the previous Saturday. I still have a PA doe tag I'm going to use during the late archery, leaning towards shooting a smaller bodied deer to be on the safe side, or at least studying the noggins real good with bino's if given the chance.
SmallJawNH

Unread postby SmallJawNH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 am

I was surprised to see a buck just last night with one side missing. I thought they would shed late down here considering the rut is still going on. I watched two different bucks (including him) running does just last night. One whole side was gone and it didn't appear to be broken off in any way. I thought this was abnormal but maybe they still breed even if they drop their horns early?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”