Cyber scouting percentage

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bucksnbows

Cyber scouting percentage

Unread postby bucksnbows » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:53 am

After cyber scouting and then going in and actually looking at the location what percentage of them turn out to be potential locations or lead you to a location nearby that has potential vs not worth hunting?

PT1426

Re: Cyber scouting percentage

Unread postby PT1426 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:19 am

I’ve been cyber scouting for a while so I know what I’m looking for most of the time. Nowadays, I would say a majority of my cyber scouted spots usually look good enough for me to hunt. Before I had much experience with it, that wasn’t so much the case. You get better with time and experience for sure. The kill % is very low, however all of my biggest bucks have come from spots I’ve found through cyber scouting.

I do have 2 kids in diapers so I cyber scout much more than I do in the field scouting due to time constraints.
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:48 am

bucksnbows wrote:After cyber scouting and then going in and actually looking at the location what percentage of them turn out to be potential locations or lead you to a location nearby that has potential vs not worth hunting?

I guess it depends on what your scouting marsh/swamp vs farm country and hills

For me I cyber scout the marsh/swamp areas where I live it's so much easier to see deer trails
I skip any swamps that I can't see deer trails for on the ground verification
I also only hunt when I see fresh sign begging to be hunted otherwise I log them as maybe I'm there at the wrong time

So for me finding deer sign it's pretty high for potential
timing is my issue now last 3 swamps with snow on the ground I did not hunt because the sign was old
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
PitchBlack

Unread postby PitchBlack » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:38 am

I started cyber scouting this year and out of the 5 spots I marked on the map 4 turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. I used info learned here on the beast tactical thread and a few article to know what to look for on the topo and it has worked out great for me this year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”