One day and one Year later

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wheattaco

One day and one Year later

Unread postby wheattaco » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 am

So last year, I tagged out in Sept. This was in northern Mn. My father hunts the same public land and I run two or three cams year round. So when checking my cam last year, I had a random 8 pt show up the first Monday after rifle opener on Nov 4th. This was the first and only pic I had of him all year.
So this year not thinking anything about that buck , (no pics. Never even gave him a second thought) I went in to hunt that same area for the first time with a climber. It was raining all morning and the tree was too slick for climbing. I gave up after two attempts and wandered over to my hang on (maybe 75 yards away). About 0830 I shoot a heavy 198.2 lb 8pt (134 6/8).
Well I’m bored a week later hunting Wisco and daydreaming about my buck and all sudden it registers that I have a pic of him. Look through phone and Nov 4th early morning there is the pic. The time was off on the camera but I remembered it being daybreak pic. So I shot that deer 366 days later in almost the same exact spot, the first Monday after rifle opener. This was again without ever getting a pic of him.
Does anyone have any theories on this? Besides dumb luck.

Rich M
500 Club

Re: One day and one Year later

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 am

There are quite a few posts on here about folks patterning deer like that and doing what you did, getting the buck a year later based on a seemingly random photo of a random buck. It is really amazing how they have seasonal patterns like that.

Congratulations!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 am

Yep you aren't the first to discover this, we have talked about it before and people have posted up picks of bucks on the same day or same week in the same area. Now onto the really big question, where are the pics of this buck?

:text-worthless:
swampnovice31

Unread postby swampnovice31 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 am

134" 8 is a dang nice deer. Id like too see him too. probably coincidence but I think your just hanging cam or hunting that close to the bucks bed without realizing it.right?
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 am

swampnovice31 wrote:probably coincidence

I don't think so, too many stories of bucks showing up on annual patterns. It for sure doesn't happen all the time or even all that often but it does happen and guys have posted some pretty compelling photo evidence in the past.
wheattaco

Unread postby wheattaco » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 pm

headgear wrote:Yep you aren't the first to discover this, we have talked about it before and people have posted up picks of bucks on the same day or same week in the same area. Now onto the really big question, where are the pics of this buck?

:text-worthless:

I don’t know how to do picture
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:20 am

Open an account at postimages.org, it is free and easy to use. Once you upload get the link/url of the photo and copy it. Next come to this thread and click the images icon when you post and paste the link/url between the photo brackets.

It should look something like this, I am using different brackets so you can see them.
(img)www.postimages.org/your-gallery/something-soemthing123123.jpg(/img)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”