Need advise.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jdaukontas

Need advise.

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Saw a beauty come out at last light tonight and caught me sleeping for 2 seconds :doh:. Now the wind forcasted for tomorrow is opposite, but based on where he came out of bedding, doable. Would you go in after him tomorrow night, or wait for the same wind? We are heavy into gun season in NY, and the surrounding pressure has been wicked. Don't want to blow this because the hunting has been hard the past week for sure.

KPnorthdakota

Re: Need advise.

Unread postby KPnorthdakota » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Question:

Do you know a reason he was coming out where he was coming out? If he’s bedding close because of wind direction and the wind is opposite he probably won’t come out at the same place. But. I’ll never say never.

You could go out with opposite wind and just observe.

If it were me, I would probably stick to where you were if you can get a shot. If not, I would move closer. Maybe wait for the same conditions.

Just my $0.02 and it is probably only worth $0.00000001 :D
KPnorthdakota

Unread postby KPnorthdakota » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Question:

Do you know a reason he was coming out where he was coming out? If he’s bedding close because of wind direction and the wind is opposite he probably won’t come out at the same place. But. I’ll never say never.

You could go out with opposite wind and just observe.

If it were me, I would probably stick to where you were if you can get a shot. If not, I would move closer. Maybe wait for the same conditions.

Just my $0.02 and it is probably only worth $0.00000001 :D
Jdaukontas

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:38 pm

I am going to sit the same spot and observe. My entrance and exit are perfect, so if he is a no show, I will assume it was wind based bedding and give it another go when he wind is the same.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:17 pm

I'd give it another shot if you can get away from it, how bad did he spook when he caught you? I may try a different tree/spot.
Jdaukontas

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:11 am

He never caught me per say, he moved through my shooting window before while I was looking in another direction. By the time I got the scope on him he was gone. I let him pass, could hear him in the brush, then bacled out

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”