Anybody know what ghillie zach from the hunting public is using?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Anybody know what ghillie zach from the hunting public is using?

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Like the title says. Trying to figure out what ghillie suit Zach from the hunting public wears. I really like that one. Maybe he made it.

"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
Weezy

Re: Anybody know what ghillie zach from the hunting public is using?

Unread postby Weezy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:31 pm

I was thinking he made it. Liked the way it looks too.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:43 pm

I was just listening to podcast number 43 from the hunting public this morning and they were just asked that question. I cannot remember what brand it is. If you listen to podcast number 43 that they just put out you'll hear it someone ask them that exact question. They said there's definitely things they would change about it. It is heavy and hot in the early season. Since you're in Florida that may make a difference for you.

I got the one that Dave T recommended a couple of years ago from all predator calls. I got the kill suit which has pants as well, but I think for my next one I'm just going to get the sapper suit which is the Long Jacket and wear normal pants. It is not heavy at all and packs up very compactly in a bag which I carried to my site. It is not really too hot either in the early season.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Bush rag Marc Anthony
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 pm

If you have the time, actually quite abit of time and like to tinker/do DIY projects. There's lots of info on YouTube on how to make them. Guys in hotter climates often use fishnet for the base layer. Then tie the "leaf" materials to that. The screen/mesh looking leaf material would be cooler for use in hot weather!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 pm

stash59 wrote:If you have the time, actually quite abit of time and like to tinker/do DIY projects. There's lots of info on YouTube on how to make them. Guys in hotter climates often use fishnet for the base layer. Then tie the "leaf" materials to that. The screen/mesh looking leaf material would be cooler for use in hot weather!

Yeah I noticed the one that Zach has in the videos has a fishnet backing to it. Also my son took one of my old bug Tamer mosquito suits and started making one. He hasn't finished yet though. But even the bug Tamer mosquito suits are actually pretty dang hot here in Florida. I usually keep mine folded up in my bag until I get to where I'm going as well and then put it on

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm

basspro05 wrote:Bush rag Marc Anthony

Are those suggestions? Or are you saying that's what Zack has in the videos?

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Motivated wrote:I was just listening to podcast number 43 from the hunting public this morning and they were just asked that question. I cannot remember what brand it is. If you listen to podcast number 43 that they just put out you'll hear it someone ask them that exact question. They said there's definitely things they would change about it. It is heavy and hot in the early season. Since you're in Florida that may make a difference for you.

I got the one that Dave T recommended a couple of years ago from all predator calls. I got the kill suit which has pants as well, but I think for my next one I'm just going to get the sapper suit which is the Long Jacket and wear normal pants. It is not heavy at all and packs up very compactly in a bag which I carried to my site. It is not really too hot either in the early season.

That's funny cuz I actually have the sapper in my cart on their website just haven't pulled the trigger yet

rff

Unread postby rff » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:02 am

Eddiegomes83 wrote:

That's what Zach is wearing. They are no longer bejng sold.
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 am

rff wrote:
Eddiegomes83 wrote:

That's what Zach is wearing. They are no longer bejng sold.

Thanks

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 am

he did modify it for shooting his bow he sewn in the chest piece so the material does not interfere with his bow string you can make one easy enough just glue a fishing net too the back of a old hooded sweat shirt then tie on strips of burlap. less is more a lot of times all you really need to do is break up your outline of shoulders too your head. pray animals are implanted from birth too pickup on the forward facing eyes of a predator. there is a study i red somewhere on it its the reason humans see faces in abstract paintings and other objects of nature its genetically implanted from a survival standpoint.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:25 am

ghoasthunter wrote:he did modify it for shooting his bow he sewn in the chest piece so the material does not interfere with his bow string you can make one easy enough just glue a fishing net too the back of a old hooded sweat shirt then tie on strips of burlap. less is more a lot of times all you really need to do is break up your outline of shoulders too your head. pray animals are implanted from birth too pickup on the forward facing eyes of a predator. there is a study i red somewhere on it its the reason humans see faces in abstract paintings and other objects of nature its genetically implanted from a survival standpoint.

I could be wrong, but I do believe that is how his ghille came with the chest piece already sewn on.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:47 am

Country wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:he did modify it for shooting his bow he sewn in the chest piece so the material does not interfere with his bow string you can make one easy enough just glue a fishing net too the back of a old hooded sweat shirt then tie on strips of burlap. less is more a lot of times all you really need to do is break up your outline of shoulders too your head. pray animals are implanted from birth too pickup on the forward facing eyes of a predator. there is a study i red somewhere on it its the reason humans see faces in abstract paintings and other objects of nature its genetically implanted from a survival standpoint.

I could be wrong, but I do believe that is how his ghille came with the chest piece already sewn on.

Yes. The Marc Anthony jacket came in left or right hand with the material on the chest/arm depending on which hsnd you shoot with.
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:48 am

We haven't modified the suits at all. Those guille's were given to me from my friend Jim Ryser several years ago when I was trying to kill a turkey with a recurve (did not go well :lol: ) Zach started wearing them last fall when he got sick of hunting out of stands.

The brand is Bushrag bowhunter guille suits. Cabela's sold them at one time-that's where Jim got them I believe but could be wrong.
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:06 am

Aaron1987 wrote:We haven't modified the suits at all. Those guille's were given to me from my friend Jim Ryser several years ago when I was trying to kill a turkey with a recurve (did not go well :lol: ) Zach started wearing them last fall when he got sick of hunting out of stands.

The brand is Bushrag bowhunter guille suits. Cabela's sold them at one time-that's where Jim got them I believe but could be wrong.

Like this Aaron 1987 guy would know who is he? :lol: just kidding
And thanks. I think I'll take your word for it

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”