crazy buck story

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

crazy buck story

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:11 pm

thought you guys would like this thought it was pretty darn cool too see what this buck did how he avoided cameras and where he ended up right along the highway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XhvlYaVaRA

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: crazy buck story

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:13 pm

That was pretty cool and helps explain how he became a slob, as well as why some folks here talk about seeing a buck on cam once, then don’t see him again for years.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:43 pm

Wow. Really makes you think about how deer view tree stands and cameras and such. Great buck. Glad the guy found it. Really good dog.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:40 am

greenhorndave wrote:That was pretty cool and helps explain how he became a slob, as well as why some folks here talk about seeing a buck on cam once, then don’t see him again for years.

ive had it happen too me a couple times i get a giant buck on cam a couple times then one day i get them looking at the camera. i never see the deer again then i find his sheds next too the camera with zero pics. over the years ive learned once you get that buck on cam get out and leave it alone. ive seen good bedding stop producing for two or three years after human intrusion when it comes too real mature deer. i love tracking them in the snow and seeing how they scent check hunters spots and slip threw undetected. sometimes makes you wonder if they move more in daylight than we realize and they are just that good at avoiding people.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:59 am

Great point about the daytime movement. Makes sense as they sure don’t get to be 4-years-plus in a high-pressure place like WI by being careless.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:54 am

8-)

Glad the guy found the buck. Amazing how he avoided all the trail cams. Shot placement looked good.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”