Must-Read Beast Threads for the New Guy

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

funderburk
500 Club

Must-Read Beast Threads for the New Guy

Unread postby funderburk » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Just joined The Beast last week and I’m already learning a ton. Thank you all for sharing your wisdom and insight. So cool to be a part of a true hunting community.

So, to help me better navigate through the Beast, which two or three posts have made the most impact on your hunting success?

Excited to learn more!

“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
backstraps

Re: Must-Read Beast Threads for the New Guy

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Welcome to the BEAST I know there is a bunch to consume on here .... this is by far one of the most "MUST READ"

Enjoy :D

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24471
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:31 pm

backstraps wrote:Welcome to the BEAST I know there is a bunch to consume on here .... this is by far one of the most "MUST READ"

MIND. BLOWN. Thank you so much!!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:10 am

Very welcome
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:38 am

The thread back straps linked is absolutely phenomenal!! I have read it at least 4 different times and still go back and learn something new when I open it up.
AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:43 am

funderburk wrote:
backstraps wrote:Welcome to the BEAST I know there is a bunch to consume on here .... this is by far one of the most "MUST READ"

That’ll keep you busy for a few weeks :lol: Honestly there’s as much knowledge in there as any book you can read. Plus it’s free.

If you haven’t bought Dans DVD’s yet, they’re a must. The threads in all time best tactical will make way more sense if you watch them. They’re in the HB store. I would even suggest buying the DVD’s for the terrains you don’t hunt. You won’t regret it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:51 am

Lockdown wrote:That’ll keep you busy for a few weeks :lol: Honestly there’s as much knowledge in there as any book you can read. Plus it’s free.

If you haven’t bought Dans DVD’s yet, they’re a must. The threads in all time best tactical will make way more sense if you watch them. They’re in the HB store. I would even suggest buying the DVD’s for the terrains you don’t hunt. You won’t regret it.

Agree with this 100%. The DVDs are great foundational knowledge. I can't emphasize how much they have helped me narrow in on areas to focus on. I'm seeing more sign and deer than I would have in years of "sit and pray" on permanent stands. Sloshing around in swamps, knowing where to focus in hills... Would have been a mystery otherwise. They're well worth it.

And like Lockdown said, the examples in the Tactical thread become much clearer.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:22 am

Lockdown wrote:
funderburk wrote:

That’ll keep you busy for a few weeks :lol: Honestly there’s as much knowledge in there as any book you can read. Plus it’s free.

Thank you! Looking forward to diving in!
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:23 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Lockdown wrote:That’ll keep you busy for a few weeks :lol: Honestly there’s as much knowledge in there as any book you can read. Plus it’s free.

Agree with this 100%. The DVDs are great foundational knowledge. I can't emphasize how much they have helped me narrow in on areas to focus on. I'm seeing more sign and deer than I would have in years of "sit and pray" on permanent stands. Sloshing around in swamps, knowing where to focus in hills... Would have been a mystery otherwise. They're well worth it.

And like Lockdown said, the examples in the Tactical thread become much clearer.

That’s encouraging and motivating to hear! Can’t wait to learn.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”