Big problem came up today, need real advise.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ghost Hunter

Re: Big problem came up today, need real advise.

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:34 pm

I take Aleve. My shoulders bother me from time to time. I get a burning pain every now and then. I started working out at Planet Fitness in May. I'm better off this year than last year. I would think some light workouts would help if pain goes away. If you are shooting that low of poundage you need do something. Workouts could build strength back if it didn't get worse.

I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 pm

I do hope you feel better very soon and then it's a very minor problem. Sorry if I came off cold. I see a lot of people (especially men) who delay dealing with problems which could have been simple if they dealt with it right away. And then it becomes a much bigger problem since it wasn't dealt with right away.

I was in a hurry and did not express much compression in my last post, but I do feel for you man and I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully the next buck will be bigger and you'll get the shot off clean.

I'll be glad to help in any way that I can.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 am

THe weight room wouldn’t hurt after you get your shoulder figured out. All it would take is 45 minutes a day 2-3xs a week. You’ll feel better and you’re going to be able to turn that bow up. A planet fitness membership is $10 a month. Your local high school might be cheaper than that. I think you live near me. Ik slinger has a great weight room, so does west bend and kewaskum high schools. All open to the public, residency required. The ymca is really nice. That’s where I go. There’s also a bunch of private clubs around and they all have personal trainers if that’s what you think you need.
PT1426

Unread postby PT1426 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:49 am

I work in the medical field and I can tell you that my experience tells me shoulder injuries don’t jive well with bowhunting. If it was me I would immediately stop drawing a bow all together. You will only injur the shoulder worse. Go to the doctor. I would also strongly consider a crossbow. I know you stated you’re not interested in that but when it comes to physical health I think you have to be smart.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:55 am

Doctor visit might be best bet then weights. Weights could be out of reach depends on extent of injuries. Just got to weigh your options. Choosing to do nothing is just making it worse. I can not help but think you have been dealing with shoulder problems for sometime if you have your bow turned down that much. Sooner you get it checked out better. Just thought, if you had had a Xbow that buck would be in freezer.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
megavites

Unread postby megavites » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:53 am

was your sit in stand cold and motionless? I had something similar happen and I know I have small tears in the rotator but I still draw 60#.
Last year, after sitting for 3 or 4 hrs in the cold, I had a 6pt w/tall brows come in that I wanted. Tried to draw back twice and couldn't do it.
Now, I practice draw once or twice on long sits. Hope it goes well for you.
treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:02 am

On my first one the doctor told me I could've avoided the rotator repair if I wouldn't have waited so long. Like I said I'd go get it checked out and go from there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”