Deciphering old rubs vs. new rubs

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NCpublicdiy

Deciphering old rubs vs. new rubs

Unread postby NCpublicdiy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 am

Entered a new area that looks really good, marshy, thick and nasty. tons of tracks and beds, but did not find as many scrapes and rubs I was expecting to, based on how good i thought the area looked. I found around 9 old rubs, hard to tell how old as well as two very fresh, big rubs and no scrapes that I could find in the couple hours i scouted (this might be because of the marshy beaver creek).

How should I approach this? hunt over the best rub I could find or should I try a different approach?

Sorry if this topic has been covered, I am new to the beast

Killemquietly

Re: Deciphering old rubs vs. new rubs

Unread postby Killemquietly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:00 am

Do a wide perimeter search and see if you can find sign of where they are coming from. They probably aren't making those rubs in legal light so you'll have to backtrack quite a bit to be where they are coming from not where they'll be after dark. You have come to the right place as most of the guys on here have far more experience than I do, but I think that'll put you on the right track... Good luck this season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”