Hawk Helium sticks w/cam strap

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DTuck

Hawk Helium sticks w/cam strap

Unread postby DTuck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:27 am

Does anybody use the hawk helium sticks with the cam straps on them or are you all using them with the rope mod? I'm curios how you're packing them if you are using them with the cam strap as I can't find a quiet way to attach them to my lw alpha. The buckles won't get tight enough to the sticks so they move around and it's looking like my only option is to take the straps completely off the sticks. Hopefully somebody has a better solution to that for me!

pfrizelleSC

Re: Hawk Helium sticks w/cam strap

Unread postby pfrizelleSC » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:41 am

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2wf5l6kho/

Before I did the Versa rope mod. The mod is worth it. Hunted one season with the straps, didn’t like them. Loud and heavy. Now I use the to strap down thing in my truck bed
DTuck

Unread postby DTuck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:47 am

I'm thinking of going versa button with lw straps. I'm not against the rope mod, just haven't really looked into it all that much.

edited to add - went with the versa buttons and lw straps.
CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:53 am

I'll try to take pics but I'll explain it for now on what I do..

With the front of the stick facing me, top step up, I wrap the strap down to the bottom bracket of the stick, back up and in front/across, clip it and pull any excess tight. They usually stack together pretty well. Then when I pack them onto my stand (I have an xop vanish so it may be slightly different than yours), one of my cam straps for my stand (can't remember if its the top or bottom one) goes right over my sticks, right next to the buckles and when I cinch it tight, its pulls the straps of the sticks in tighter and holds them into place so the buckles can barely move at all and are quiet. I just got this set up this fall and haven't had any issues. I take any excess strap from my sticks or stand and tuck them into the bungees that the sticks came with just to prevent them from catching on anything. If this doesn't make sense I can try to explain better.
DTuck

Unread postby DTuck » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 am

bcarey2 wrote:I'll try to take pics but I'll explain it for now on what I do..

With the front of the stick facing me, top step up, I wrap the strap down to the bottom bracket of the stick, back up and in front/across, clip it and pull any excess tight. They usually stack together pretty well. Then when I pack them onto my stand (I have an xop vanish so it may be slightly different than yours), one of my cam straps for my stand (can't remember if its the top or bottom one) goes right over my sticks, right next to the buckles and when I cinch it tight, its pulls the straps of the sticks in tighter and holds them into place so the buckles can barely move at all and are quiet. I just got this set up this fall and haven't had any issues. I take any excess strap from my sticks or stand and tuck them into the bungees that the sticks came with just to prevent them from catching on anything. If this doesn't make sense I can try to explain better.

Thanks for the explanation and I can visualize it. I just didn't like how the strap "snapped" into the bracket on the stick either which is ultimately why I decided to go the versa button/lone wolf strap route. If anybody is looking for LW Cam Straps Scheels is the only place I could find them in stock.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”