Need Help (desperate)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Need Help (desperate)

Unread postby Jrichard » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:15 am

So it’s been a long time hunting beast family. I have missed this atmosphere.

So just to start off, I would like to explain why I have been MIA the past year and a half. So first off I left my old desk job and started a new one out in the field. So therefore I have less time to browse the internet lol. Also my fiancé and I had a baby. Boy does that really limit your time on the internet. The only time I find time is when I need to look something up about the baby. Lol. So between these two major factors I have not been able to enjoy my time in this wonderful community.

Anyway to my point.

I have had access to this awesome piece of property. It has all sorts of bucks running around on it. It has a large number of spikes, 4 points, 5 points, and 8 points. But there is a dandy of a 17 point running around in it. He’s the guy I am after. With the rut pretty much here in my area, i wS just looking for some advice.

I have two spots picked out. One is on top of a finger. I just don’t know exactly how to hunt it because I’ve never had a terrain feature like this before. A lot of my public land is flat. So it’s just a lot of tansition lines. Where would you set up on this finger? It’s my first time. I know the does run on top of it and I know they bed in the thick Laurel on the side of it.. there is also a swamp behind the laurel.

Also I have a spot in the edge of the swamp. With a pinch point in front of me. I’ll try to post a pic idk if I can though.

I’m just looking for locations you would put a stand near a marshy area and in a finger. Thanks guys!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”