Video of dog tracking deer..

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crankn101
500 Club

Video of dog tracking deer..

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Just came across this and I figured some you might find this interesting. Funny part is Garret AKA DIY Sportsman is on this as the hunter.

https://youtu.be/SrMzjmMUfhY

crankn101
500 Club

Re: Video of dog tracking deer..

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:02 pm

crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:04 pm

This is a longer and more complex tracking job.

https://youtu.be/g6t_17F11Jg
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:44 pm

There was no real tracking involved, but I had a spike buck go through my yard at lunch today. Fast forward to just now when I took my dog out to do his bedtime deed. I took him back across where the deer’s path was just out of curiosity after watching the first video, wondering if he would pick up anything out of the ordinary, because a deer in the yard is out of the ordinary for us.

Sure enough, where he usually trots in with me without stopping, he put his nose to the ground and froze, looked around slowly, then followed the track around the house. Lost interest after that, but it was amazing to see him pick that up after 12 hours and a little rain. And my dog is a sighthound, not a tracking type breed. (greyhound)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:07 pm

greenhorndave wrote:There was no real tracking involved, but I had a spike buck go through my yard at lunch today. Fast forward to just now when I took my dog out to do his bedtime deed. I took him back across where the deer’s path was just out of curiosity after watching the first video, wondering if he would pick up anything out of the ordinary, because a deer in the yard is out of the ordinary for us.

Sure enough, where he usually trots in with me without stopping, he put his nose to the ground and froze, looked around slowly, then followed the track around the house. Lost interest after that, but it was amazing to see him pick that up after 12 hours and a little rain. And my dog is a sighthound, not a tracking type breed. (greyhound)

Dogs are amazing like that. In the mornings when I let my dogs (Only 1 now) out I can instantly see in their demeanor if a racoon was in the yard hat night.
Rancher43

Unread postby Rancher43 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Yep dogs noses are amazing. I subscribed to the Callie Chronicles to watch her videos. I bought a black female lab for us to blood trail with after watching a dog trail my wife’s gut shot doe a few years back. I almost enjoy watching her track as I do hunting.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:08 am

That last track was neat to watch
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”