Planning the Next Move

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mobymikeguide

Planning the Next Move

Unread postby mobymikeguide » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:59 pm

So this past Monday I set up close to parking area that has an area of 5-6 acres of cat tails. Long story short some pheasants hunters in parking area made the buck nervous as he was coming out of the cat tails and run by my stand with his head down. Went there the next night and no sighting. Tonight I decided to sit back on the road with binocs as I didnt have time to hunt. No one was in parking area, but 7 different trucks on the property. So im glassing from the road and 30 minutes before close I see him, he was bedded on the leeward side of a hill watching the parking area. He stood up ate some and kept an eye on that parking area. Eventaulley he slipped over the hill leaving about 10 minutes of shooting time.

So the question becomes so does he bed there all the time in that wind and when people pull in and get out does he slip out and just rebed there the next day? Unfornatley with my work I cant make a move till monday but I have enough time to glass the last hour of light everynight. So I plan to glass Sat and Sunday, and depending I might be able to have enough time Sunday. Just trying to get some ideas, thanks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”