Southeast Minnesota Bluff country

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEminnesota197
Facebook: Scott schiller

Southeast Minnesota Bluff country

Unread postby SEminnesota197 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:21 am

Hi guys,

I've spent a good amount of time reading on this site and finally decided to post

I grew up in North Dakota hunting spot&stalk whitetail and mule deer and came to Minnesota for college, spent the last couple years hunting areas close to the metro and am looking to head to Houston County next week and spend some time in the bluffs.

I was looking for some advice on hunting the bluff country of Southeast Minnesota, i will be hunting public land the week leading up to gun opener and through the first weekend of gun.

I've read a quite a bit of info on here about hunting 1/3 down the leeward side of a hill and using ditches heads as funnels for cruising bucks as well as ridge points as bedding areas. Does anyone have any other advice that would be applicable to hunting this type of terrain?

Terrain features to focus on, ditches, saddles, types of funnels. Do guys spend time glassing across ravines/coulees in the mornings and move in for afternoon hunt? Rattling/Grunting? Still hunting through bedding areas?

Any and all advice would be appreciated, thanks again and happy to be here.

Drenalin
500 Club

Re: Southeast Minnesota Bluff country

Unread postby Drenalin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 am

Welcome!
Jackson Marsh

Re: Southeast Minnesota Bluff country

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 am

Welcome to the Beast!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”