Buck bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

menarson
Facebook: Matthew Enarson

Buck bedding

Unread postby menarson » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:03 am

I've been hunting a couple of good deer on a 100 acre private lease with 2 other hunters. The main question: I've got all three of them on camera during the day but when I made my first sit near a kill plot the buck came in looked @ the plot and just slowly fed away, I was hunting an off wind but he never made it far enough to smell me and where im from I cant find milkweed to test the waters and I believe the deer are bedding(bucks) on some unpressured property with a deep creek to the west of me and we have permission to be on it. What do yall think I should do been bowhunting for 5 years with no success with my longbow any help would be appreciated! Thanks

headgear
500 Club

Re: Buck bedding

Unread postby headgear » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 am

He could have caught a thermal or maybe a little scent that swirled around the food plot, that can happen in a small opening like that. A deep creek could for sure be potential bedding, no way to know for sure without scouting put you could scout your way in and setup if you find anything good.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”