Moon days November 2018

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OHBB24

Moon days November 2018

Unread postby OHBB24 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 am

Is there a benefit to moon position for rut movement come November or is it out the window? Wondering what days this November look good for red moon times?

Jeff25

Re: Moon days November 2018

Unread postby Jeff25 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:53 pm

I pay most attention to the full moon during the rut. I took The week of the full moon Off last year and every day that week almost all of my sightings were between 10-2. Outside of the full moon I base it off of temp. I will probably never take that week off again.

I’m sure the moon OH and UF times probably produce good cruising times though but i have never seen a significant difference myself. If I were to only pick a few days tonhunt I would still probably choose they days were the OH/UF times are within 2 hours of sunrise/sunset.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 am

I have seen some mid-day cruising based on OH/UF times so that can work. I have also hunted doe bedding areas and have seen them getup and feed during those times during the rut so if the bucks are with them that can certainly up the odds and get them moving around a little. With that said this time of year you just want your but in the woods as much as possible, but I do try and at least be in position when the moon is right just in case.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:48 am

I don't pay much attention to the moon anymore, I've never seen anything that has made me want to hunt a new moon over a full moon and vice versa. I mainly just hunt when I can now because weather seems to trump everything and its tough for me to plan trips according to weather when I have to plan them at least a month out.

I do look at the moon being OH/UF. I'll still hunt no matter what it says but if I see those times a towards the middle of the day, I'll try to stick it out and extra hour or be in the stand a bit earlier.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”