???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dressedtokill

???

Unread postby Dressedtokill » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm

This might be a to of a wide open question but going to try it anyways! I have done my scouting online and have found some nice islands and points in marsh and have put some boots on the ground and found some beds which is awesome! But my million dollar question is... on what wind do you try and hunt these islands and points on? What do you take into consideration hunting these? How many is to many times hunting one island or point for a MAture buck? Thanks J :dance:

" Better to try something and fail than not to try at all. In due time you too shall reap the rewards"
matt1336
500 Club

Re: ???

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:42 pm

You obviously don’t want your wind blowing into bedding. Plan your access to the point or island so your scent won’t blow into the bedding. The closer you can get that off wind, the wind direction that blows your scent “just off” from the bedding area or bed the better, most of the time. It’s not easy to do. I’m far from being as good as a lot of other guys here. But I’m working on it. The idea is to give the deer a false sense of security as he leaves the bed
Brandonkinchen
500 Club
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/brandon.kinchen.1?ref=bookmarks

Re: ???

Unread postby Brandonkinchen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:16 pm

matt1336 wrote:You obviously don’t want your wind blowing into bedding. Plan your access to the point or island so your scent won’t blow into the bedding. The closer you can get that off wind, the wind direction that blows your scent “just off” from the bedding area or bed the better, most of the time. It’s not easy to do. I’m far from being as good as a lot of other guys here. But I’m working on it. The idea is to give the deer a false sense of security as he leaves the bed

What he said
"The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood." -Sebastien de Castell

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”