How do I kill these bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Anchorthree1234

Re: How do I kill these bucks

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:42 am

Alright so I have been getting pictures of these 2 since August yellow is were a bunch of beds are blue dots represent a crap load of rubs and the red dot is where the cams are I don't know we're they are coming from I've set the old logging road a couple times and have resulted in a bunch of doe sighting and one big buck sighting right at dark could the beds I found just be doe beds I'm lost we're would you guys say they are coming from the terrain is a bunch of White oaks and other oaks and swamps on both sides and this is my first year discovering the hunting beast so I am brand new to this tactic the wind is usually always blowing toward the yellow dot
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:54 am

also when I did see the buck it was really dark and I have no idea where he came from I have not been seen or blowed at the times I came in here and the white oaks are plentiful so there is food everywhere I'm located in northeast Florida my thoughts are they only feel safe to walk the old logging trail at dark what should I look for to get a daylight sighting of these guys any input would be helpful thank you so much!!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:10 am

Im not on my pc or id be happy to try and mark the map for you

Thats a good looking area on your aerial and looks like it could provide several hunting sites

I would start with the transition lines you have. Walk those transitions and you will locate sign. Put that intel with where you know theyre feeding. Id would scout that transition on a day you can hunt with a stand on your back.

Throw a couple sits and see if things start to come together for you to have an educated guess to move in (if you dont kill im off one of those transition lines)

What is your wind the majority of time?
Have you located and buck bedding as of yet...and can you post a typo? Also what’s your borders?
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 am

the wind is mainly south west and sometimes west if your looking at that photo north and south are straight up and down

here is a topo not to much elevation change threw there if im looking at it right
https://chroma.tryprism.com/photos/5bb6 ... redirect=1
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:38 am

and thank you so much I will definitely scout around those transitions next time I go in there and honestly I don't really know how to tell the difference between buck and doe bedding the beds I found in there on the yellow dot have rubs pretty close to them
but im starting to think the beds I found are doe beds cause its about a 20 yard circle full of beds
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:41 am

and I don't have any borders my grandpa owns it all
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:45 am

In my areas, doe bedding is sporadic and generally multible beds close to one another. Also they like to bed in groups in a circle. Using their eyes more than anything.

Bucks like to bed alone and more wind specific for security purposes, using their noses most. Inhave found buck beds close to each other. I like fndong these spots because a buck will be using more often because in wind shifts or changes he doesnt need to move far for a secure bed

I have noticed that it doesnt take much elevation change at all to give a buck an advantage.

Best of luck in getting him down, looks like a dandy to say the least!!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:48 am

Anchorthree1234 wrote:and I don't have any borders my grandpa owns it all

Very nice!!! Are the ag areas with the inside corners etc accessible for your hunting?
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:58 am

yes sir the pie field is actually planted pines that was cut a planted some years back they are all about 6 feet tall now and the other fields are really high hay like grass that is full of hogs
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:03 am

Wow sounds like a fun place to hunt

Good luck!!
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:59 am

Thank you sir hopefully I can get one of theses guys soon !
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:33 am

Are the light colored trees swamp or hardwoods?

I would think that the blue dots are directly between the red dot and where I would expect buck to bed. Back in that cove, not sure if you scouted that or not.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Anchorthree1234

Unread postby Anchorthree1234 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 am

the blue dots represent a rub line and I haven't scouted that cove yet based on map it looks like a old logging deck I plan to scout it after my morning sit and its all hard woods very few pines in there but pretty much where the green trees are is low and swampy
Cuzzinfish

Unread postby Cuzzinfish » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 am

Which way is the camera pointing and which way is that buck headed? If you have a bunch of pictures just like those at similar times of day then that’s a consistent direction of travel. You just need to backtrack from there. Check historical weather on wunderground and see what direction the wind was blowing the days he’s on camera as well as the temps.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”