Skeeter Map

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Skeeter Map

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Of course I live in a purple area on the skeeter map right now and it’s bad! But a small area compared to Wisconsin... Wow!

https://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf ... due_t.html

Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Re: Skeeter Map

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:01 pm

I was hunting this spot one time where I was literally inhaling mosquitoes they we're so thick. Seriously I couldn't even breathe. I turned on the thermacell and they instantly vanished. It was amazing.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:28 pm

I hunted a flooded cove just off a lake in late Sept once. Had two thermacells going and they were still in my ears claiming me as kin-folk calling me cousin and so thick they felt like they were tying my hair in knots !
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Grizzlyadam wrote:I was hunting this spot one time where I was literally inhaling mosquitoes they we're so thick. Seriously I couldn't even breathe. I turned on the thermacell and they instantly vanished. It was amazing.

I inhaled a bunch last night in my mouth and nose. Problem was for the first time ever my Thermacell did absolutely nothing to help. Think I needed 3 Thermacells......one was no match. :o
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:Of course I live in a purple area on the skeeter map right now and it’s bad! But a small area compared to Wisconsin... Wow!

https://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf ... due_t.html

I’m in the pink area. I would say that map tells the story. It’s a perfect storm for mosquitoes right now. Not gonna get better anytime soon. Just have to deal with it. Stores are selling out of bug spray all over around here. Glad I’m stocked up well with spray and Thermacell refills.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:19 pm

I cant see central PA on this map but I have never locally experienced anything like this summer. We had record rains and several flushes of extreme skeeter activity.

We had our grouse season basically eliminated when the non grey-poupon crowd doesnt hunt because of WNV. If our esteemed grouse biologists theory holds, grouse maybe extinnct now.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
Southern Buck

Unread postby Southern Buck » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 am

If there’s a silver lining, all that rain should mean there should be some big racks running around this fall. I’m expecting another good year after two straight abnormally wet summers in my area.
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:25 am

Both nights this weekend they were by far as bad as I have ever seen them hunting. Just brutal. I've always been a deet guy instead of a Thermacell, but probably need to get one. Kept sweating my spray off with the heat and having to reapply. Hard to stay focused with them this bad.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 am

They are defenitely capable of driving us crazy some years. The areas that got a lot of August rain are paying for it now.
BorealBushMN

Unread postby BorealBushMN » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:47 pm

I wouldn’t put too much stock into that map. I can see the Arrowhead of MN is shaded yellow, and they claim that area to be an occasional swat. Ha! Apparently whom ever made that map has never visited NE MN.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”