A few new spots I’ve scouted this past year.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

AndyRoo
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/andyroo.lichtle?ref=bookmarks

A few new spots I’ve scouted this past year.

Unread postby AndyRoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:01 am

I have a few spots I’m planning on hunting but could use some direction. I found a small pond about 1.5 miles from any access and has acorns around the west side of the pond. There are a few solo beds on the east side of the pond with some waist high rubs. I wanted to throw a sit at it opening day to observe/Hunt but I’m afraid I’m goin to ruin the spot too early. My question is should I just be aggressive right off the rip? Or wait for a cold front to roll in and save it for a rut hunt? If I do go opening day I don’t plan on going back to it until later in the season (early November)

The second spot I found is 3 solo trees with beds in every one of them. Spider web trails going in and out of each one. Do I hunt the closest bed to the hardwoods and work my way back to the further ones? (Stacking) or play the wind accordingly to whatever it is the days I hunt and pick them off that way? This is my 3rd year going 100% Beast and would love to close the deal. Had a shot at a nice one but biffed it. I’d really like to up my odds this year.

Thanks for your time. Love this forum and the Facebook page. Good Luck this season guys and gals!

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: A few new spots I’ve scouted this past year.

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm

I would just rget in and hunt it. Go for it dont hold back.
Be aggressive its not gonna kill ya. You should i would think throw at least three sits at it early. Rut. Late season. Good luck keep us posted
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:23 pm

I would just rget in and hunt it. Go for it dont hold back.
Be aggressive its not gonna kill ya. You should i would think throw at least three sits at it early. Rut. Late season. Good luck keep us posted
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:28 pm

i never hold off if i think that buck might be there im going to get him while he still is in there once rut kicks off hes gone. unless hes got a lot of does near buy then hes prob going to hit the ones closest to his bedding first.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”