Drurys Deer Cast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Twenty Up
500 Club

Re: Drurys Deer Cast

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

I think it’s great, it gives you a lot of valuable information for your specific area to determine if you can get aggressive or hang back further. I’ve got several beds where I physically or legally cannot get that close to bedded deer. This app probably gives you an idea on how to approach certain areas.

I think if you use this app to determine if you should hunt or not you’re missing the point

Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Evanszach7
500 Club

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 pm

tgreeno wrote:huntstand has a weather page and it's free. Been using it for 2 years now.

Same here. Also has the moon data if you’re in to that. I used the DOD app a couple of times this weekend. Only found it useful for the barometric pressure hourly predictions.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:29 pm

How does it give you local weather info? Type in zip code or something?

How do you know the data you enter into this app is not being centrally collected/stored/shared? Do you have to read through a 10,000 word license agreement to figure that out?
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:40 pm

I'll download it and give it a shot strictly for weather. I won't pay much attention to the predicted deer movement.
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:27 am

I think it's a great app. It prevents me from searching multiple sites or apps to get what I am looking for as I am a geek when it comes to checking weather data, to each his own.

Paying attention to the bad-great ratings, however, will not dictate whether or not I go into the woods.
Kcbuckeye22

Unread postby Kcbuckeye22 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:31 am

I listened to the WTH podcast on it. Mark was really hocking it.

I use weather channel app, huntstand, and isolunar. So yeah, it could bring all the apps into one....yeah it could help me decide or confirm where and went to hunt.

I wouldn't pay for this app. I don't think it has that much value. I guess I've got good at reading weather through the years, so I dont need to rely on an app.

As already said, if your hunting buck beds in the right winds and timing, this app doesn't have much input on your decision where and when to hunt.

I dont consider this a game changer. Mark is a salesman with a huge following, he says drink red kool aid before each hunt....guys will drink red kool aid. He doesn't hunt the same deer 95% of us do, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:42 am

I might download it right after I go buy my Does-Nothing clothing (aka scent blocker), Does-Nothing spray (aka scent eliminating spray), and Does-Nothing liquid (aka buck lure). I'll do all of that when I get a break from learning how to actually hunt.
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:46 am

Kcbuckeye22 wrote:I dont consider this a game changer. Mark is a salesman with a huge following, he says drink red kool aid before each hunt....guys will drink red kool aid. He doesn't hunt the same deer 95% of us do, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I have a ton to say to this but I will just leave it alone. Either way, it should probably be in your best interest to not bash others and just stick with the topic, DeerCast.
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:59 am

Kcbuckeye22 wrote:I listened to the WTH podcast on it. Mark was really hocking it.

A bit off topic.... I listened to the first 40 minutes of that episode. Jeez, it was like an advertisement masquerading as a podcast!
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:09 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:No offense too drury boys or private property hunters but i also heard that all this data from this app was collected on private properties
I heard this snd was totaly like no thnks
I know one thing and one thing is i love too hunt and im not gonna let some app tell me when its good too hunt and when too stay home.
I admit i have not killed deer the size of some of you guys have killed on here but ive killed alot of deer in my day
I know when too go hunting and when not too go hunting
i have killed deer in 90 degrees /10 below zero /55 degrees /snowing/rainning /hailing etc windy/ and dead calm. Ive wasted alot of sits during those kinda days too

Tomorrow is opening day and it’s supposed too be 90 degrees , muggy and buggy but im going cause i love too hunt. I dont care if i kill something. I know im gonna learn wats up or wats going on opening day in certain conditions in the spot i sit in

The weather, wind, pressure, etc. Still apply to public land.
JPiskun1080
Facebook: facebook.com/JoePiskun

Unread postby JPiskun1080 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:00 pm

ScottSpitzley wrote:
Kcbuckeye22 wrote:I dont consider this a game changer. Mark is a salesman with a huge following, he says drink red kool aid before each hunt....guys will drink red kool aid. He doesn't hunt the same deer 95% of us do, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I have a ton to say to this but I will just leave it alone. Either way, it should probably be in your best interest to not bash others and just stick with the topic, DeerCast.

:lol: well put Scott
We all know the Drurys are great salemen. But you can’t take away where credit is due. Mark Drury knows his stuff when it comes to Deer and how weather effects their movements. I’ve read and heard other respectable beasts talk about Mark Drurys knowledge. As a weather app it looks to be a great tool to put to use, and as long as someone is walking into the woods feeling confident with it. That’s all that maters
You can’t hunt something that’s not there :think: :think:
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:05 pm

There is certainly no reason to hate on it. There is a lot of weather information in one place and that's a good thing. Lets come back after the season to say if it sucks. There is the pride of hunting public and then there is private land jealousy, lets avoid the later.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Ognennyy wrote:
Kcbuckeye22 wrote:I listened to the WTH podcast on it. Mark was really hocking it.

A bit off topic.... I listened to the first 40 minutes of that episode. Jeez, it was like an advertisement masquerading as a podcast!

Ya I listened yesterday. The app may be great, but that was not a genuine conversation. It was a loosely scripted advertisement. And sure, many hunting podcasts fall into that category to some degree, but that was cringeworthy.
Kcbuckeye22

Unread postby Kcbuckeye22 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:46 am

sureshotscott wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:

Ya I listened yesterday. The app may be great, but that was not a genuine conversation. It was a loosely scripted advertisement. And sure, many hunting podcasts fall into that category to some degree, but that was cringeworthy.

I guess this was the point i missed to make. Not knocking their whitetail knowledge. The 49 minute sales pitch made me question it. Actually later when he wasn't pitching it he explained why the product would work better. The parts that most apps don't take into account....days of steady pressure, storm fronts changes, etc I also believe DeerCast calculates the moon phase as they believe it plays a part of the prediction as well. My apologies for the bash, I bought into a lot of products 16 years ago and was a outdoor channel monkey see monkey do. Took me 11 years to realize, live and learn I guess. Sorry for getting off topic, back to DeerCast reviews.
JPiskun1080
Facebook: facebook.com/JoePiskun

Unread postby JPiskun1080 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:17 am

Kcbuckeye22 wrote:
sureshotscott wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:

I guess this was the point i missed to make. Not knocking their whitetail knowledge. The 49 minute sales pitch made me question it. Actually later when he wasn't pitching it he explained why the product would work better. The parts that most apps don't take into account....days of steady pressure, storm fronts changes, etc I also believe DeerCast calculates the moon phase as they believe it plays a part of the prediction as well. My apologies for the bash, I bought into a lot of products 16 years ago and was a outdoor channel monkey see monkey do. Took me 11 years to realize, live and learn I guess. Sorry for getting off topic, back to DeerCast reviews.

It’s a Drury thing for sure to always come off that way, I noticed one of the first few times listening to Mark or Matt Drury talk. Instead of referring to a “trail cameras” they will almost always refer to them as “Reconyx.” It’s just the sales/advertisement tactic, but it drives me up a wall sometimes.
You can’t hunt something that’s not there :think: :think:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”