New WI CWD Transport Regs

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: New WI CWD Transport Regs

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 am

Idiotic rules require civil disobedience. ...if you get caught take your medicine

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:25 am

Thanks Dewey. I agree it seems like a step in the right direction for the DIY public guys. I hated the 5 piece method and look forward to boning everything in the woods
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:49 am

Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Jonny wrote:I'm in graduate school for engineering and this stuff makes my head hurt more than my school work does.

I think I got it figured out. Debone and leave all the waste in the woods, take head/cape to my favorite taxidermist within 3 days of me registering the deer. The only thing I'm confused about is what do I do on county and federal land where state laws mean diddly squat?

Hope they have fun enforcing this one. Should get walker out in the field with the wardens to help out since he came up with this.

Scooter Walker doesn't give a dam about Wisconsin Sportsmen.. Don't be fooled.

It’s not fair to put all the blame on Walker. Thank the people that have been complaining that CWD rules were not strict enough. Be careful what you wish for. That’s how this crap happens then we all are forced to deal with the results.

His name is on it. I don't put my name on things unless I am proud of the work I put in it, and I support it.

And honestly I have zero trust in walker doing whats best for sportsmen after seeing him handle the railroad issue, and putting money ahead of the environment.

I do hope this rule fully allows us to quarter and debone in the field. Think we all can agree that would be really nice right?
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:59 am

Jonny wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Jonny wrote:I'm in graduate school for engineering and this stuff makes my head hurt more than my school work does.

I think I got it figured out. Debone and leave all the waste in the woods, take head/cape to my favorite taxidermist within 3 days of me registering the deer. The only thing I'm confused about is what do I do on county and federal land where state laws mean diddly squat?

Hope they have fun enforcing this one. Should get walker out in the field with the wardens to help out since he came up with this.

It’s not fair to put all the blame on Walker. Thank the people that have been complaining that CWD rules were not strict enough. Be careful what you wish for. That’s how this crap happens then we all are forced to deal with the results.

His name is on it. I don't put my name on things unless I am proud of the work I put in it, and I support it.

And honestly I have zero trust in walker doing whats best for sportsmen after seeing him handle the railroad issue, and putting money ahead of the environment.

I do hope this rule fully allows us to quarter and debone in the field. Think we all can agree that would be really nice right?

I’m 100% in favor of that rule change. The way the new rules read it will be implemented on Oct 1 so if you kill one this weekend the old rules still apply. So all you guys that don’t like the new rules better get it done this weekend. ;)
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 am

Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:

People complaining? More like knee-jerk reaction by a state government that thinks the only way to get rid of this "disease" is to kill every deer possible. Deer regulations that revolve around this "CWD" has not been making it any easier for Wisconsin Sportsmen. Only making it more difficult. That has been the trend in recent years. You would think Mr. Walker would lay down the hammer for WI hunters. He hasn't. They are treating this like an Ebola outbreak and its not going to help recruit and retain hunters like Wisconsin DNR keeps harping about. Heck, I know alot of people who won't even eat deer meat because they are afraid. Thanks WI DNR.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:34 am

Dewey wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:

I’m 100% in favor of that rule change. The way the new rules read it will be implemented on Oct 1 so if you kill one this weekend the old rules still apply. So all you guys that don’t like the new rules better get it done this weekend. ;)

Challenge accepted 8-)
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:

People complaining? More like knee-jerk reaction by a state government that thinks the only way to get rid of this "disease" is to kill every deer possible. Deer regulations that revolve around this "CWD" has not been making it any easier for Wisconsin Sportsmen. Only making it more difficult. That has been the trend in recent years. You would think Mr. Walker would lay down the hammer for WI hunters. He hasn't. They are treating this like an Ebola outbreak and its not going to help recruit and retain hunters like Wisconsin DNR keeps harping about. Heck, I know alot of people who won't even eat deer meat because they are afraid. Thanks WI DNR.

I won’t disagree with that one bit. Sounds like Michigan is headed down the same road much quicker than us. I was hoping they learned from our mistakes.

The new carcass transport rules are like you said are a knee jerk reaction and will likely not make any difference. Just makes things a little bitter harder for us hunters. If you already take your deer to a processor and taxidermist it’s not really a big deal but if you do the work yourself it’s a bit more complicated. I will likely kill one in my own home county so it really won’t matter. If not and I am forced to bone out in the field it’s actually much less work than dragging an entire deer miles through the marsh especially considering I can now leave the bones. In the end it’s actually less work for me with the rule change. At least that’s how I’m looking at it. I try to look at the positive side of things.
First Sit

Unread postby First Sit » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:12 am

Any time I hunt a state that allows me to bone out in field I do. Its a lot easier bringing out just meat on a pack frame than dragging out an animal. I've got a tag for Wis this year and coming from IN de boning is huge as I do my own processing and can't bring a whole animal back from a CWD positive state.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:29 am

Nice. Thanks for putting this video in the thread. I have never see it done but now look forward to trying it.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 am

This new rule will be dead in the water as soon as it’s passed . Absolutely foolish. When you have so many cwd counties adjoining what’s the differance if you go from one to the next.how do they come up with this garbage

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”