Look what I got in the mail!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampbuck

Re: Look what I got in the mail!

Unread postby Swampbuck » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 am

Brandonkinchen wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:
Brandonkinchen wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:
Brandonkinchen wrote:Image

Got this in that mail a few days ago. I climbed up in my stand and tested them out.

I've got about 7 acres worth of milkweed on my place. As far as I know, Beasts are the only people in the world that don't hate milkweed! :D

I'm taking the seeds and planting them on my place. Not sure if they'll like South Louisiana. Gonna try anyway!

You better love it. Because once it starts growing on a place, it's hard to get it to stop. That's the reason that all the farmers around here hate it.

That's even better news. Have a creek on the western side of my 5 acres and the North and South side is woods. The only side where someone can move on top of me is the east. The property boundary is only 50 yards from my house on that side. I tried buying that 2 acres but the old lady wants 30,000.00 more than its worth. Right now her property is woods. So I'll plant 30 yards wide along my property and let it get as nasty as it wants to get!

I hope it grows so I can come steal some lol

Not sure if you noticed before but we have a sister of milkweed that grows all over the place. It's got pods with spikes all over them that are around in the spring. I have milkweed also and this stuff is really close. It doesnt float quite as well when it's in strands but together I think it floats better. It is everywhere once u are aware of it

Make It Happen
CrazyBaldArcher

Unread postby CrazyBaldArcher » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:24 am

Pm sent
Brandonkinchen
500 Club
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/brandon.kinchen.1?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby Brandonkinchen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Swampbuck wrote:
Brandonkinchen wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:
Brandonkinchen wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:
Brandonkinchen wrote:Image

Got this in that mail a few days ago. I climbed up in my stand and tested them out.

I've got about 7 acres worth of milkweed on my place. As far as I know, Beasts are the only people in the world that don't hate milkweed! :D

I'm taking the seeds and planting them on my place. Not sure if they'll like South Louisiana. Gonna try anyway!

You better love it. Because once it starts growing on a place, it's hard to get it to stop. That's the reason that all the farmers around here hate it.

That's even better news. Have a creek on the western side of my 5 acres and the North and South side is woods. The only side where someone can move on top of me is the east. The property boundary is only 50 yards from my house on that side. I tried buying that 2 acres but the old lady wants 30,000.00 more than its worth. Right now her property is woods. So I'll plant 30 yards wide along my property and let it get as nasty as it wants to get!

I hope it grows so I can come steal some lol

Not sure if you noticed before but we have a sister of milkweed that grows all over the place. It's got pods with spikes all over them that are around in the spring. I have milkweed also and this stuff is really close. It doesnt float quite as well when it's in strands but together I think it floats better. It is everywhere once u are aware of it

I've probably seen it but wasn't aware. If mine grows you are welcome to fill up. I cast them on fresh tilled ground and 6 hours later got some rain. I planted it thick. We will see.
"The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood." -Sebastien de Castell

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”