The mental game

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Re: The mental game

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Time for a break, you're thinking too hard......let's go fishing.

Guarantee we catch a few.

Weaver.b

Unread postby Weaver.b » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:Timely post!

I recently purchased magicman' s secrets for 10 easy payments on $99.99! I'm sure glad I did :dance: :dance:

My wife woke me up this morning, at an ungodly hour, informing me the basement was flooded and we had a leak in the roof after a night of heavy rain and high winds.

Prior to Magic ' s program I would have kicked the dogs and cursed like a sailor, but instead I changed my perception and decided this was a wonderful opportunity for personal growth!

After a few hours of pulling stuff out of the wet basement and using a shop-vac and push broom I had the standing water out....all with a super duper attitude :dance:

I made my first trip to the hardware store to buy an extra fan to help the drying process in the basement.

A light fixture in the laundry room was dripping water, so I climbed up into the attic looking for the source of the leak. I had to dig through 16 to 20 inches of itchy insulation trying to find the light all while balancing on a rafter in a hot stuffy attic. I found the light and noticed pooling water on the vapor barrier. A few feet from the light, the sewer vent pipe was wet to the touch. I had found the leak! Thanks magic!! :clap:

I climbed onto the roof and saw the rubber boot around the sewer pipe was rotted and not making a tight seal around the pipe. Awesome ! :dance:

I made a second trip to the local hardware store planning to buy and replace just the rubber boot. A helpful employee informed me they didn't have just the rubber boot and that the rubber part was integrated into the flashing, which means I would have to be prying up the shingles to install it. More personal growth! :dance: :dance:

I didn't completely believe him, so I drove to a big box store 10 miles away to purchase just the rubber boot...they didn't have such a thing. Looks like I'm prying up shingles to replace the flashing too! YEAH!!! :dance:

I get the shingles up and the flashing installed and everything nailed back into place. SWEET!

I had a tube of Black Jack I had been saving for just this sort of thing. I clip the end and proceed to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. Nothing comes out. DRAT! Caulk gun appears to be broken. Not to worry I have a spare I bought a few months ago, because I couldn't find the caulk gun that was currently in my hand.

I search and search and search for my spare caulk gun and head back to the hardware store to buy another one. I get back home, put the tube in the gun and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze...nothing comes out! HA HA HA! :lol:

Apparently 10 year old black jack in an unopened tube doesn't like to get squeezed out . With a smile on my face, a spring in my step and whistling a happy tune I head back to the hardware store to buy a fresh tube to complete the job.

Thank you magicman! :clap: :clap:

Your program helped me complete the home repairs with a smile on my face and joy in my heart....all because I changed my perception. :dance: :dance:

True story.

This sounds exactly like the way things go at my house haha it can never be easy. So many opportunities for personal growth and increased patience! Yahooooo
:dance:
When my time upon this earth the days they are fulfilled let me die at least as clean as those I killed
cantfoou

Unread postby cantfoou » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:12 am

Great post!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:28 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Timely post!

I recently purchased magicman' s secrets for 10 easy payments on $99.99! I'm sure glad I did :dance: :dance:

My wife woke me up this morning, at an ungodly hour, informing me the basement was flooded and we had a leak in the roof after a night of heavy rain and high winds.

Prior to Magic ' s program I would have kicked the dogs and cursed like a sailor, but instead I changed my perception and decided this was a wonderful opportunity for personal growth!

After a few hours of pulling stuff out of the wet basement and using a shop-vac and push broom I had the standing water out....all with a super duper attitude :dance:

I made my first trip to the hardware store to buy an extra fan to help the drying process in the basement.

A light fixture in the laundry room was dripping water, so I climbed up into the attic looking for the source of the leak. I had to dig through 16 to 20 inches of itchy insulation trying to find the light all while balancing on a rafter in a hot stuffy attic. I found the light and noticed pooling water on the vapor barrier. A few feet from the light, the sewer vent pipe was wet to the touch. I had found the leak! Thanks magic!! :clap:

I climbed onto the roof and saw the rubber boot around the sewer pipe was rotted and not making a tight seal around the pipe. Awesome ! :dance:

I made a second trip to the local hardware store planning to buy and replace just the rubber boot. A helpful employee informed me they didn't have just the rubber boot and that the rubber part was integrated into the flashing, which means I would have to be prying up the shingles to install it. More personal growth! :dance: :dance:

I didn't completely believe him, so I drove to a big box store 10 miles away to purchase just the rubber boot...they didn't have such a thing. Looks like I'm prying up shingles to replace the flashing too! YEAH!!! :dance:

I get the shingles up and the flashing installed and everything nailed back into place. SWEET!

I had a tube of Black Jack I had been saving for just this sort of thing. I clip the end and proceed to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. Nothing comes out. DRAT! Caulk gun appears to be broken. Not to worry I have a spare I bought a few months ago, because I couldn't find the caulk gun that was currently in my hand.

I search and search and search for my spare caulk gun and head back to the hardware store to buy another one. I get back home, put the tube in the gun and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze...nothing comes out! HA HA HA! :lol:

Apparently 10 year old black jack in an unopened tube doesn't like to get squeezed out . With a smile on my face, a spring in my step and whistling a happy tune I head back to the hardware store to buy a fresh tube to complete the job.

Thank you magicman! :clap: :clap:

Your program helped me complete the home repairs with a smile on my face and joy in my heart....all because I changed my perception. :dance: :dance:

True story.

I too have had many, many, many good times like these as well, joy to the world, one finger at a time!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”