TN velvet hunt opens tomorrow!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Re: TN velvet hunt opens tomorrow!!!

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:56 am

wiser blood wrote:I went on Friday and Saturday afternoon. Temps and hiking, with my stand through CRP fields that were head high, made for a miserable hike. But once in the woods, I had a bachelor group of 7 bucks come in, two were 3 1/2 year old that I had seen and named last season. Their antlers looked good, but I could tell their bodies were not mature yet. Last year at this time, I would of taken either 3 1/2. But after shooting and not recovering a 4-5 year old at the end of last season, I couldn't pull the trigger on these two. I hope I'm not developing the "it must be a monster for me to shoot" mentality. We will see how the season goes. I might just take a shot at one of those when I can look at their antlers without velvet. Good news is, I forgot about a camera that I placed in January and it had 2888 pics. Half were from a vine blowing in front of the camera! No big bucks, but just about every creature in the woods came by.

-wiserblood

That must be a monster mentality is not all that bad! If your sites are set high,then wait for a monster! My standards always go up when i know how deep im goin or how hard it will be to get him out :lol: but a big buck is what i want, im absolutely fine eating my buck tag, if thats the way it is, i joined the beast to learn how to kill big bucks! I think it also depends on what your definition of a monster is anyway.

Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Re: TN velvet hunt opens tomorrow!!!

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:24 pm

https://m.facebook.com/clint.holden.1/p ... d%3D&mdf=1

A lot of nice deer were killed here are a few that some lucky hunters got!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”