Didnt locate the Bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ZTachick
Facebook: ZACK TACHICK

Re: Didnt locate the Bedding

Unread postby ZTachick » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:10 pm

UofLbowhunter wrote:Check that bowl to the north! Any little tree in there could have a bed under it! Something else to think about if your scouting has been done recently fresh sign may not be all there yet. Some bucks are problaly still hang by crop fields and such. But the old sign is always there!

Wow so just reading this, then I totally found a bed. it was in the bowl up to the north. There was a small sapling next to the cat tails on a little elevated part of land so it was dry and beat down. Then on the finger where it is blue there was a couple beds next to one another so I know those were does (also found white hair) but I was just confused why there was no bed at the end of the finger not that its guaranteed but it just left me a bit more confused on where my other options were. So I have to go get my camera I put out. If you are looking at the map I put it all the way south. So knowing where one bed is what would be your guys next faze?

Just try to get a observation stand on a good wind from where that bed is?

UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Re: Didnt locate the Bedding

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:48 pm

ZTachick wrote:
UofLbowhunter wrote:Check that bowl to the north! Any little tree in there could have a bed under it! Something else to think about if your scouting has been done recently fresh sign may not be all there yet. Some bucks are problaly still hang by crop fields and such. But the old sign is always there!

Wow so just reading this, then I totally found a bed. it was in the bowl up to the north. There was a small sapling next to the cat tails on a little elevated part of land so it was dry and beat down. Then on the finger where it is blue there was a couple beds next to one another so I know those were does (also found white hair) but I was just confused why there was no bed at the end of the finger not that its guaranteed but it just left me a bit more confused on where my other options were. So I have to go get my camera I put out. If you are looking at the map I put it all the way south. So knowing where one bed is what would be your guys next faze?

Just try to get a observation stand on a good wind from where that bed is?

Everybody else posts are all right, there should be more beds to be found you have to search almost everything! Not every spot is always goin to have beds, some spot look good but still wont have beds.

If i were goin to put up a camera i would put it up in the blue strip in the middle of the cats on your pic. I was thinking that would be a good place to sit during the rut for a travel corridor! And leave the camera as long as possible for intel!

Something else i was thinking, i bet inseason pressure will push bucks in there, I dont know how pressure is there though. I believe it will get better. And as far as scouting now, i think i would back off, leave it be and not put unwanted pressure before season and do purely inseason scouting and hunt when you find fresh sign!
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”