Anybody having more problems this year with poison ivy?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

boomah21

Re: Anybody having more problems this year with poison ivy?

Unread postby boomah21 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:21 pm

I have never had it in 36 years of spending countless days in the woods year round...in fact I use to have the belief I was not impacted by it as I have touched it and nothing...well this year was the end of that. I got it so bad I had to go to the emergency room.

Groundpounder

Unread postby Groundpounder » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Some interesting info on some nasty plants. A few of these I have come across in Michigan, never actively avoided them aside from hogweed, though I will from now on.

https://www.maine.gov/dacf/php/horticul ... ikes.shtml
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:42 pm

I get it multiple times a year.
Citrus soap with water and a rag,
Then followed up with juice from the stalk of Jewel weed plant and I’m over it in a few short days.
I use the Jewel weed stalk to scratch the irritation as well.
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 pm

7 times this year. As soon as it healed, I got it again 2 or 3 days later I looked everywhere for this stuff but couldn't find it, somehow I keep getting it(and I know how to identify it). Started going a little crazy.. when you have itchy skin for nearly 9 weeks straight, you start to go a little nuts.

Kill it all!

Just realized it may be wild parsnip.. never heard of that stuff..?
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
Nelson87
500 Club

Unread postby Nelson87 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:48 am

I'm immune to it I guess. I walk through it and don't really go out of my way to avoid it. I've ripped poison ivy vines off a tree and hung sticks and stand while wearing a short sleeved shirt and never got it. It sounds like some of you that normally don't get it, have this year. I havn't, but I havn't been in the woods much either.

A friend of mine was camping years ago and went out and hunkered in some brush after dark to take care of business. No TP, you guessed it, he wiped with poison ivy leaves. Poor guy, he was covered from his waist down and had to go get a shot.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”