Who uses Binoculars/What kind?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Who uses Binoculars/What kind?

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:53 am

I used my 10x42 Nikon Monarch's for many years but switched to a Vortex monocular last season. Very pleased with it for typical tree stand hunting and works just fine for picking out and identifying deer. It's great getting rid of the bulk yet still having decent glassing. The field of view isn't as good as a pair of binoculars but works just fine for what I need. Also works great for shining to get more detail on bucks I see.

Something to consider.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vor ... -monocular

Deerhunter323

Unread postby Deerhunter323 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 am

I think I am going to go with the vortex monocular. Lower cost and smaller in size both sound good.
Lheise88

Unread postby Lheise88 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 am

Swarovski 10x42s wouldn’t go to the woods without binos. Ever.
Tempy

Unread postby Tempy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 am

BigStick wrote:I have some vortex diamondback 10x42 binos and like them a lot. I don’t carry them in with me very often but they rarely leave my truck. Most areas I hunt they won’t do much good because of how thick it is. I typically hear the deer before I can see them. Personally I don’t see the value in carrying it in. It’s extra weight, creates more movement on the stand when you’re using them, and not necessary for deer that are close range. I think a lot of it will come down to the places you are hunting. Observation sits can be a great time to have them though.

Exactly x2

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”