Verdicts in...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Verdicts in...

Unread postby creepingdeth » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Thought I'd try the sawyer aerosol (Permethrin) on my ratty woods clothes this summer to see how it works. I only had about 20ish hours from a June soaking and no critters yet.Have a spare can for my hunting gear and this stuff works well. We have lots of ticks here(probably not as many as down So. or the E. coast) . Too bad it doesn't come in apple essence to match my apple gum :lol: .

Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Josh_S
500 Club

Re: Verdicts in...

Unread postby Josh_S » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:34 pm

I pre-treat all of my scouting and hunting pants. The stuff absolutely works!
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:39 pm

I buy the concentrate bottle and mix my own spray bottles, will save you some coin
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 pm

jmaas07 wrote:I buy the concentrate bottle and mix my own spray bottles, will save you some coin

Yup. I mixed up gallons for a fraction of the price.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:23 pm

I fill a tote with the concentrate and dunk all my early season/ summer scouting stuff hang and air dry! Best kept secret in hunting as far as I'm concerned. Considering hiring Pamela Anderson to advertise behind some penned bucks on the outdoor channel to fire up some sales. Found if u put antlers on the package and multiply by 50 it's a good starting point for sales, giant antlers on pkg multiply by 150 it makes all the diff! Prestige Worldwide!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 pm

I spray my shoes, socks, pants, shirt, backpack, SELF! in permethrin every single time I step on a blade of grass that isn't my front yard. I am a tick (and mosquito) magnet. I take NO chances. I absolutely love the stuff.

Emrah
Killsmeals

Unread postby Killsmeals » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:08 pm

This is good to know. I will be looking into this in the future. I had good luck with the repel lotion this summer.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:12 pm

After my Lyme scare, won’t leave the house without Permethrin.

I buy mine at Tractor Supply, it’s for horses but it’s 42% permethrin I wanna say?
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Emrah wrote:I spray my shoes, socks, pants, shirt, backpack, SELF! in permethrin every single time I step on a blade of grass that isn't my front yard. I am a tick (and mosquito) magnet. I take NO chances. I absolutely love the stuff.

Emrah

I thought you weren't supposed to spray is on your skin?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Just be careful guys, not sure I really trust the stuff long term.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/survi ... eremethrin
Ditz

Unread postby Ditz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:07 am

It absolutely works, and seems to hold true to the claim of lasting 6 weeks on clothing before needing to be reapplied.

I would not put permethrin on your skin, or spray on your clothes while wearing. All the information and instructions that I have read state to treat your clothes in a well ventilated area and let dry for at least 2 hours before wearing or handling. I always wear rubber gloves when applying. This is potent stuff.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:13 am

Boogieman1 wrote:I fill a tote with the concentrate and dunk all my early season/ summer scouting stuff hang and air dry! Best kept secret in hunting as far as I'm concerned. Considering hiring Pamela Anderson to advertise behind some penned bucks on the outdoor channel to fire up some sales. Found if u put antlers on the package and multiply by 50 it's a good starting point for sales, giant antlers on pkg multiply by 150 it makes all the diff! Prestige Worldwide!

I'm investing in anything marketed by Prestige Worldwide! Those guys are brilliant... :lol:
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Cuzzinfish

Unread postby Cuzzinfish » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:46 am

I used the spray this year for the first time and still found ticks on my pants, but they didn’t live long. The woods here in PA seem to be full of them. I bought the concentrate and I’m gonna soak them before deer season comes. Hoping it works cause I hate ticks more than anything else in the woods.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:20 am

Ditz wrote:I would not put permethrin on your skin, or spray on your clothes while wearing. All the information and instructions that I have read state to treat your clothes in a well ventilated area and let dry for at least 2 hours before wearing or handling. I always wear rubber gloves when applying. This is potent stuff.

Might be wise to soak your outer layers but wear an underlayer as a buffer to your skin.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:07 am

tgreeno wrote:
Emrah wrote:I spray my shoes, socks, pants, shirt, backpack, SELF! in permethrin every single time I step on a blade of grass that isn't my front yard. I am a tick (and mosquito) magnet. I take NO chances. I absolutely love the stuff.

Emrah

I thought you weren't supposed to spray is on your skin?

You don’t want it on your skin.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”