Fyi

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Fyi

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 pm

TheBuckPsych wrote:
magicman54494 wrote:
oldrank wrote:Back when I would dip I always took a fat chew right before I climbed my stand. I'd pack the can take my dip n sprinkle a little on my bait piles. Soon all the deer became addicted. Once I had em hooked I'd just climb in the tree n thump the can and wait. Easy as pie.

I had to quit when the bucks started hiding in the shadows of the parking lot n would sneak up on me bumping my pocket for a dip.

True story no BS.
A gal I went to school with rescued a fawn from a car killed doe. the fawn grew up on their farm and was just like a pet dog. Anyway, she said this deer was addicted to cigarettes. whenever anyone would put one out, the deer would run up and eat it.

Also a true story. Last year went to get the kids and wife hunting liscences. Was talking too the instructor and he said he was a heavy baiter.
He told me he took his wife’s cigarette butts and his other family members too. He would use the left over tobacco as bait. And he told me it was like a magnet too deer. They love it.

Certainly sounds like a Master Baiter to me :lol:

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm

magicman54494 wrote:I hope you guys appreciate the fact that I am willing to give up all my hunting secrets. Here is another one that I have never shared with anyone.

I place a tape recorder in the buck bed and continually play a subliminal message that says " I love human scent, I must investigate human scent" then I hunt that spot when my scent blows directly into the bed. dont forget to hunt earlier if you placed sunglasses in there as well.

Hey magic, what kind of batteries do you use in the recorder and do you only put it out when you know it's gonna rain the same day?
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:22 pm

minnesotahunter wrote:
magicman54494 wrote:I hope you guys appreciate the fact that I am willing to give up all my hunting secrets. Here is another one that I have never shared with anyone.

I place a tape recorder in the buck bed and continually play a subliminal message that says " I love human scent, I must investigate human scent" then I hunt that spot when my scent blows directly into the bed. dont forget to hunt earlier if you placed sunglasses in there as well.

Hey magic, what kind of batteries do you use in the recorder and do you only put it out when you know it's gonna rain the same day?

Any cheap batteries will work. I dont worry about scent while placing the recorder. I borrow some clothes from edcylopedia because the deer are not afraid of his scent because he hasnt killed a deer in 20 years.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:15 am

magicman54494 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:

Any cheap batteries will work. I dont worry about scent while placing the recorder. I borrow some clothes from edcylopedia because the deer are not afraid of his scent because he hasnt killed a deer in 20 years.

:lol:
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:52 pm

Lockdown wrote:
magicman54494 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:

Great advice as usual...I'll just grab dollar store batteries and hit the woods. Since I don't know Ed I may just duct tape an ozonic machine to my chest.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Yea if you just blow in the old buck's ear as you sneak up he won't be able to hear a thing. Might need a real long straw to do that thought... :lol:
NYBackcountry
500 Club

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:31 am

minnesotahunter wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
magicman54494 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:

Great advice as usual...I'll just grab dollar store batteries and hit the woods. Since I don't know Ed I may just duct tape an ozonic machine to my chest.

Please reference the ozonics thread before you proceed, we are currently debating whether that is considered fair chase..... I dont think it would be right to eliminate the bucks 1st line of defense while placing your tape recorded.
Evanszach7
500 Club

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:39 am

tim wrote:Anyone else got some useful tactics to help me make it through the season :lol:

Just watched Farm Bedding. Always access ag directly through the field with the wind to your face.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”