Lone wolf, xop weight

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

John PAhunting

Lone wolf, xop weight

Unread postby John PAhunting » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:43 am

I tried searching past posts about this but did not find anything that addressed this (it probably is on here but I just didn't see it). I am looking at the lone wolf assault II and the xop vanish. I see xop says their stand is 11.5 pounds but with bracket and seat it is 13.5 pounds. The lone wolf is listed as 11 pounds. Does anyone know if the lone wolf is 11 pounds ready to hunt or if that weight also goes up with the bracket and seat? Thanks.

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: Lone wolf, xop weight

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:43 am

I too am interested in this info.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 am

I believe they don't weight the belt and buckle either. Someone should weigh there stand and post the weight, cause its confusing. Its not like your using it without a seat, a strap, or a bracket...
J Gilbert
Facebook: Instagram: Jonathan Gilbert

Unread postby J Gilbert » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:09 am

I agree, it's pretty shysty- they might as well weight them without the nuts and bolts too
JTH

Unread postby JTH » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:17 am

My XOP Vanish weighs 13 pounds with approximately 50 ft. of paracord wrapped along the front. I also put foam pipe insulation around the factory backpack straps that came with it to allow for some padding on my shoulders. I wrapped them in Camo duct tape. With these simple mods I would say that’s probably an extra pound maybe? This weight is realistic including the tree strap with buckle, seat and seat cushion along with mods previously mentioned. My XOP sticks weigh 4 pounds per stick including the factory strap and buckle with modified buckle covers which may weigh a few ounces so I would stick with 4 pound per stick. Hope this helps.

XOP Vanish - 13 pounds
XOP climbing stick - 4 pounds
JTH

Unread postby JTH » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:24 am

In reference to above post, you have to consider plus or minus a pound probably. So I would say that XOP is probably close when they say 13.5 pounds. The extra weight from from the XOP vs. Lone wolf probably comes from the I beam on the XOP vs. a hollow aluminum tubing on the Lone wolf.
John PAhunting

Unread postby John PAhunting » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:10 am

Jth, that definitely helps with know the real weight of the xop. I appreciate it. How do you like your xop? Have you ever had a lone wolf in comparison? Thanks.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:57 am

John PAhunting wrote:Jth, that definitely helps with know the real weight of the xop. I appreciate it. How do you like your xop? Have you ever had a lone wolf in comparison? Thanks.

I have an xop silver and older lone wolf assault so it’s really an apples to oranges comparison. If the platform size and shape was the exact same, I’d struggle to pay the extra money for the lone wolf name. That’s just me.

Side by side, I like the lone wolf better. Feels more user friendly and more usable. Nothing wrong with the xop, just can be a bear to level and you usually need 2 hands. Lone wolf is as smooth as good jazz.

Honestly you can’t go wrong with either brand. Both are a heck of a lot better than most other options, and you can find used stuff if you look for it (my recommended route).

Sticks, idk. Both suck if you ask me. I use xop and I really don’t like them one bit. Hate lone wolf sticks even more.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
JTH

Unread postby JTH » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:40 pm

John PAhunting wrote:Jth, that definitely helps with know the real weight of the xop. I appreciate it. How do you like your xop? Have you ever had a lone wolf in comparison? Thanks.

I haven’t had a Lone Wolf before so I couldn’t say. I would say that if you had the two side by side that you could probably pick out cut corners on craftsmanship but that’s just a guess. I like how small the Vanish is but the small V at the back of the platform that makes contact to the tree isn’t my favorite. I like the larger sizes that have a bigger V but you gain more weight. I think Dan took care of this problem with his prototype stand. I would really like to try a set of Dan’s sticks with the new Mantis tree saddle. Think that is as about as light as it can get.
Fireman324

Unread postby Fireman324 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 am

I have an Air Raid with Molle ll Backpack Straps and Waist Belt with four Sticks and 1 strap for each Stick and Stand.
I come in at 29lbs.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”