Where’s all the fawns???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jessejames

Re: Where’s all the fawns???

Unread postby jessejames » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:00 am

I live in Fdl county and hunt on the property behind my house. I have seen 0 fawns this year nor do I have any on camera. Does are all alone. I have cams out in other counties and see plenty. Not sure what the issue is but the coyote population has been up the last few years. I also thought it was odd this year to see none.

Curdog10

Unread postby Curdog10 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:01 am

We have more does that are still carying. Than ones that have had them . I haven't seen any fawns on camera yet but I have several does that look like they are smuggling basketballs on both sides of their body.
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am

Its funny, I was just thinkng about this today and am intending to make a note of it in my journal.
I to have noticed a lack of fawns and an overabundance of lone does. What fawns I have seen were singles.
Anyone on here who is familiar with my posts have surely seen me whine and complain about having no acorns in my area last year.
Well, I am still whining and complaining because I contribute last years lack of acorns to this years lack of fawns.
The deer did not have acorns to build fat reserves before winter, nor did they have acorns to eat on throughout the winter.
I would say a lot of fawns got reabsorbed by the does who were struggling to survive our abnormally cold winter.
Some of you may recall I found a real nice shed the first week of January. We had a heck of a long cold spell for this area which caused some of the bucks to shed early.
I wonder what kind of stress it caused the does?
:violence-bowandarrow:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”