When bucks are full out?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigb
500 Club

Re: When bucks are full out?

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 pm

One thing I've learned from running lots of trail cameras is it depends on the year. A year can make a world of difference. I distinctly remember a buck 5 years ago we called "Alexander". One year he was barely 75 percent in mid July. The next year a picture a week later he was close to 95% done growing. Just depends on the year.

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:04 pm

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:Here's an example up by me. This buck was done growing.

I think they just about done here too. Seen two beauties in bean fields last night while on deliveries
fireforeffect

Unread postby fireforeffect » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:07 am

Around here they're usually done in the middle of August. If you're getting pics of them, you'll be able to tell if they still have some growth left. If they have knobs on the tips of the tines, or the tips seem bulbous they still have some growing to do. If the tines taper toward the end they're pretty much done. YMMV
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am

Id say completely up to each individual deer. Think of dropping antlers...each one is different. Genetically, Id say they are different based upon their environment, pressure, genetics, and diet. To set dates would be about like predicting the peak rut months in advance. :)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”