Going into this year mindset

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Going into this year mindset

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm

I am going into this year with confidence but knowing i'm going to fail and fail a lot i'm sure . But i'm sure if not the first night, the first week, the first month or 2 years from now i am confident my time will come
i have literally killed a lot and i mean a lot of deer . does and bucks i've killed many of them but nothing over 120 inches or so ever . So as i'm sure everyone who pays attention to my posts, page on facebook , and most importantly my youtube channel . i have changed my tactics i spent 2 1/2 days with Dan learning , picking his brain, and just taking it all in but i learned so much in those two days
Ive watched everything he has, watched all his you tube videos listened to podcasts over and over and still am . I actually purchased his videos a year or so ago and watched them over and over after my last year in New Jersey baiting seeing small stuff and harvesting mostly does and year old bucks i needed a big change .i thought to myself this beast way is the way i've been looking for . So i really watched and read a lot of stuff on the beast for a few months before i officially joined back in November . Well thank god i made it to retirement and moved to a different state this year and tried to use the tactics i learned from the videos swamp bucks and marsh bucks . I cyber scouted every state piece there is to hunt here and just told myself i will take what i learned from Dans videos and try to just scout and hunt .well i wasn't real mobile . My sticks didn't come in til mid December and my saddle came early January I had a lone wolf assault too but no sticks and i was not leaving that on public property NO WAY . Not to have any excuses but I was just not i don't want to say ready because i was ready to take the next step in my hunting but i was not maybe as organized as i really wanted to be to beast hunting efficiently .I had a great hunt this past January 18th on a point off a marsh where i diddnt push the envelope enough and had a buck come in and bed down 30 yards from me . the buck had two big red holes on his head from where he lost his horns recently and he was huge at least 150 160 lbs i was pumped i did it i seen a mature buck and it was beast mode for now on . So what i did is made plans to learn the right way from the man himself 1 on 1 so i contacted him and spent almost three days with him it was awesome and to me I think of myself as even before seeing Dan as a pretty good deer hunter and like i said i want the next step for me none else but me. I really don't care what anyone thinks says negative about me there is always haters. We all know this we all have them lol
Well i seen Dan it was great I actually talked to Dan about my you tube channel and facebook page . facebook brings people to you tube Dan told me as we were tromping through a cattail marsh you need followers
well i have a you tube channel and almost every video i do i mention Dan Infalt and The hunting beast .I always tell everyone about Dan and the beast in my area because no one knows him or the beast only 2 other people i know where i live know of him and those two are members here . I would never try to outdo anyone its not me i am not an expert i'm doing all this work on social media because , i want people to know they can be successful at deer hunting on public properties .with just a little computer work and boots on the ground . Im also trying to prove to myself that i'm ready for the next step I am just trying to pass on information that i've been taught by Dan and most of you guys on here have taught me through this forum . nobody on the beast has really said anything negative to me but my social media channels have had some pretty bad stuff and comments that i haven't proved myself enough to teach what i've learned since November i'm trying to outdo someone and i don't know what i'm doing and talking about etc . Well thats not what i'm about and want to let everyone know i'm a noob beast hunter . And i'm very proud of it , But i think i've been taught enough by the right people and learned from boots on the ground this past off season to earn a little respect out there lol . too me mature bucks are the end game and the game really starts in the cold off season scouting and looking for those nasty waist deep trails going out to a point on a swamp or marsh .or a hill country ridge point figuring out the thermal tunnel etc sitting in a bed seeing where he can see to smell from and hear from To me Thats the game the head is the prize its who has the stamina drive and confidence to go get it
Well i do and I want it as bad as anyone else .if someone wants to learn what i have learned and try the next step but needs help or a bit of a push i am willing to do it and share with anyone the knowledge i learned from in my opinion the best deer behavior/hunter/and confidence builder in the hunting industry Dan Infalt and my beast brothers
And NO i don't have the heads on the wall to back my words up but Hopefully i have my beast brothers to back me up . i'm gonna keep doing what i'm doing and spreading our knowledge to anyone who wants to listen to me ramble on about how i do things now and where i learned it from The Hunting Beast
Thank you all my beast brothers

UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Re: Going into this year mindset

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm

You have to ignore the negitive. Your doing just fine and you will get better as you go. Stick with it. Do what you want and have fun. 8-)
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

You have the experience of killing deer on your side. Which is great for stepping up to bigger bucks.Now you just need more patience for the nicer ones. Good luck I hope your hard work pays off!
Evanszach7
500 Club

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:42 pm

As long as you’re going after your goals with good intentions it doesn’t matter what people say or think. Jealousy breeds haters. The more big bucks you kill the more haters you’ll get. Comes with the territory.

Sounds like you’ve got the right mindset for this season. Good luck!
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:18 am

Best advice I can give you is to not feed the negative attention. Especially on social media. One thing you'll learn is that there are a lot of internet experts out there. You don't even have to look to find them. They find you.

When you shoot a mature buck, it'll quiet down the negative crowd quite a bit. Actions speak louder than words. ;)
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:27 am

Don't let the naysayers dampen your enthusiasm.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:05 am

Just keep doing you. Putting yourself out there on social media is tough, ignore those comments.
mnswamphunter

Unread postby mnswamphunter » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:21 am

Social media can be very brutal. My advice is to ignore them and do not feed there negative comments.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:58 am

Keep on keeping on man.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:30 am

I feel for you guys that put yourself out on social media! It's brutal!

That is the reason I keep a low profile. Too much negativity out there. I have never posted a kill picture of mine on the internet. I don't even like posting trail cam pictures.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:34 am

tgreeno wrote:I feel for you guys that put yourself out on social media! It's brutal!

That is the reason I keep a low profile. Too much negativity out there. I have never posted a kill picture of mine on the internet. I don't even like posting trail cam pictures.

I kind of envy guys like you that keep a low profile and don't share anything on the internet. Part of me wants to do that but then a big part of me likes to engage with like minds so I can learn from others.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:
tgreeno wrote:I feel for you guys that put yourself out on social media! It's brutal!

I kind of envy guys like you that keep a low profile and don't share anything on the internet. Part of me wants to do that but then a big part of me likes to engage with like minds so I can learn from others.

I never said, I don't share anything on the internet. I just said, I've never posted a picture of any of my deer. I have and will continue to learn alot from others! Learning from others and keeping a low profile, have nothing to do with each other. I engage with many guys on hear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
mike perry
Facebook: Mike Perry

Unread postby mike perry » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 am

Keep doing what you’re doing and pay no attention to the negative comments some people have.
Aim small miss small
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 am

Your hard work will pay off. If success doesn't come as quickly as you want just stick with it. Enjoy the ride. The only failure in deer hunting is when we put too much pressure on ourselves to kill something. Success can be near misses, a nice buck just out of range, or the buck that came in perfect but was not exactly the buck you were looking for that day. That kind of success can be a great confidence builder even if a little frustrating.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 am

tgreeno wrote:
NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:

I never said, I don't share anything on the internet. I just said, I've never posted a picture of any of my deer. I have and will continue to learn alot from others! Learning from others and keeping a low profile, have nothing to do with each other. I engage with many guys on hear.

Sorry. That's not what I meant. Like not sharing photos. A part of me wants to keep every photo I take and get from a trail cam to myself, but I also like sharing with others.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”