What Do YOU Eat While On Stand?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ack

Re: What Do YOU Eat While On Stand?

Unread postby Ack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Food usually only goes with me on long sits....PB & J, Clif bars, maybe a chocolate chip cookie or two, and water.

I've even been known to stuff a small Mt Dew bottle in my pack from time to time as well!

twofingers

Unread postby twofingers » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Nutty bars from Little Debbie - always! PB&J with honey, smushed is better. Mix my own trail mix with cashews, almonds, craisins and peanut butter M&Ms. everything in ziplocks. At least one Gatorade type bottle 1/2 cran-raspberry juice and 1/2 water. Sometimes Reese’s. I like peanut butter. Only all day outings. Just morning or afternoon sits, only the drink unless I leave one of the above ziplocks in my coat pocket.
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Sometimes I'll bring some deer jerky if I have any. Usually all I have is water though. I can go a good while without food, I'm miserable without water for very long.
cw2gsp

Unread postby cw2gsp » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 am

For those that haven't tried it, give Clif bars a shot. I only need 2 of these for a full day and I'm not a small dude. They pack a lot of punch. Unfortunately I'm a coffee nut so i have to take a small thermos in with me for all day sits. Man does that coffee taste good on a cold morning.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:30 am

I take water with me on nearly every sit unless it's a short afternoon or morning hunt. As for food, for all day sits I like to pack a sandwhich, apples, and other high energy snacks. To get me wrong, I love my coffee but I always have to use the men's room after I drink a bunch of that. Hate doing that when I'm hunting. So, I try to pack light with high energy foods. Does really well for me.

Now if I'm doing observations sits or glassing during the summer, then the beer comes with. :L:
rbuck

Unread postby rbuck » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:25 am

I usually don't bring anything. Early season I might bring a bottle of water if it's really hot out.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 am

Typically Peanut butter sandwich, little debbies and deer jerky. We make up a ton of deer jerky before our rutcation every year. I eat so much of it I swear I'm gonna start grunting.
Mathewshooter

Unread postby Mathewshooter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:12 am

PB and J with homemade strawberry jelly is best!
I take my Bowhunting seriously
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:44 pm

cw2gsp wrote:For those that haven't tried it, give Clif bars a shot. I only need 2 of these for a full day and I'm not a small dude. They pack a lot of punch. Unfortunately I'm a coffee nut so i have to take a small thermos in with me for all day sits. Man does that coffee taste good on a cold morning.

I love clif bars. Best tasting laxative I have found :lol:

But I will agree. Those are very filling. And coffee is a godsend on a cold morning. Actually every morning for me :mrgreen:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:00 am

cw2gsp wrote:For those that haven't tried it, give Clif bars a shot. I only need 2 of these for a full day and I'm not a small dude. They pack a lot of punch. Unfortunately I'm a coffee nut so i have to take a small thermos in with me for all day sits. Man does that coffee taste good on a cold morning.

I agree. Both are a necessity.
woody-san

Unread postby woody-san » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:23 am

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I've been using flour tortillas and lunch meat to make roll ups. They pack down small and don't get ruined if they get smashed up. Basically just salami, ham, stacker type pickle, and some mustard. I can't go all day w/o a lunch, it's kind of a nice mental check point for me on an all day sit.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”