Biggest weakness

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Scratchman

Re: Biggest weakness

Unread postby Scratchman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 am

Giving up see deer for seeing a deer during any given hunt. Here is some background. For too many years I had trouble connecting, I was just a rifle hunter and entered the woods with the Vermont orange army.........no spikes, no does, and I only hunted my private spots. To validate my hunting experience I needed to leave the woods with sightings to think and speak of. Then came bow hunting and I was able to knock over smaller bucks and does......on the regular. Now the wife tells me she doesn't mind me spending countless hours in the woods, if I have a couple doe in the freezer lickety spilt. This is quickly accomplished, but I always get a bead on a decent buck during this time........and I hang with the does hoping he will show up. I usually get stood up. This is the time (October 15) that I really need to transition and focus just on the low traffic high reward spots.......I have them, but they are harder to hunt and I am not constantly validated with deer sightings to tell the fam about (my wife always asks and wants to know where I hunt......If no sightings she starts suggesting high odds spots). So basically I need to force myself to transition, but with my marginal successes as of late it's hard.

"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”