Ultimate Hang On Treestand!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ashreve93

Re: Ultimate Hang On Treestand!

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 am

I've heard from two podcasts that Dan is about to release the sticks. Any word on an exact date and the rough price? The number $80 per stick was mentioned, is that verified?

It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:13 am

Ashreve93 wrote:I've heard from two podcasts that Dan is about to release the sticks. Any word on an exact date and the rough price? The number $80 per stick was mentioned, is that verified?

$80 per stick... Sale should start shortly. This thread has more details: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43508
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:05 am

dan wrote:
Ashreve93 wrote:I've heard from two podcasts that Dan is about to release the sticks. Any word on an exact date and the rough price? The number $80 per stick was mentioned, is that verified?

$80 per stick... Sale should start shortly. This thread has more details: http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopi ... 21&t=43508

Awesome, thanks! I look forward to it!
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
Groundpounder

Unread postby Groundpounder » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:30 pm

There was a similar thread a few years ago. I was playing with some cf car parts at the time and decided to try a stand. Ended up sub 5lbs. Tested to 350ish lbs without any signs of delam, shear strain, or fiber breakage. Cost was around 120$ in materials. Lots of time spent researching materials and structural design. Just letting you know it can be done.
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:47 pm

Groundpounder wrote:There was a similar thread a few years ago. I was playing with some cf car parts at the time and decided to try a stand. Ended up sub 5lbs. Tested to 350ish lbs without any signs of delam, shear strain, or fiber breakage. Cost was around 120$ in materials. Lots of time spent researching materials and structural design. Just letting you know it can be done.

Wow that’s cool! Do you have any pictures of it or specifics?
DUCKS2525

Unread postby DUCKS2525 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:19 am

Groundpounder wrote:There was a similar thread a few years ago. I was playing with some cf car parts at the time and decided to try a stand. Ended up sub 5lbs. Tested to 350ish lbs without any signs of delam, shear strain, or fiber breakage. Cost was around 120$ in materials. Lots of time spent researching materials and structural design. Just letting you know it can be done.

That's awesome! Do you have any pictures/specs? Would love to see! Did you make it out of fiberglass Kevlar?
Groundpounder

Unread postby Groundpounder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Made from carbon fiber. Platform and seat are Uni and bidirectional, with a core. Post is extruded aluminum. Shoulder straps from a pack I have attach and the seat folds down to make a crude pack frame when on my back. Works well as a stand, just OK as a pack frame. You'll have to catch me in the woods to see it. Took me a lot of research and time to make, so I'm not keen on giving my work away. I was just posting for those diyers/engineers out there that might want to have a go themselves.
DUCKS2525

Unread postby DUCKS2525 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:58 am

Groundpounder wrote:Made from carbon fiber. Platform and seat are Uni and bidirectional, with a core. Post is extruded aluminum. Shoulder straps from a pack I have attach and the seat folds down to make a crude pack frame when on my back. Works well as a stand, just OK as a pack frame. You'll have to catch me in the woods to see it. Took me a lot of research and time to make, so I'm not keen on giving my work away. I was just posting for those diyers/engineers out there that might want to have a go themselves.

Did you make molds to do it or did you make a core and wrap the carbon then vacuum bag?
reaper4420

Unread postby reaper4420 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:38 pm

I have an old LW sit and climb, and the "sling/hammock" style seat is AWESOME. Had it 15 years and the seat is still in great shape. Andre got that right. Never have understood why they went away from it. :?:
jmack

Unread postby jmack » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:59 am

Carbon fiber and titanium or a combo would be awesome. I would pay >$1k. I’ve thought about swapping some bolts for titanium on some existing steps but haven’t pulled the trigger. The technology is here, the fact that we are still using 30+ year old technology for Treestands is crazy to me. It’s the same as people converting straps to amsteel, newer better technology.
Enkriss
500 Club

Unread postby Enkriss » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:52 am

Titanium weighs a lot more than aluminum. I doubt you would see any weight savings even though you would be able to use less material.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am

If someone could come out with a 10 pound stand with a foot pad big enough for guys with size 13 boots with a weight capacity of 350 pounds and the Chippewa wedge loc hanging system I would be all over that like a pig in mud.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 pm

Cool survey but I'm not sure about those prices.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 am

A5BLASTER wrote:If someone could come out with a 10 pound stand with a foot pad big enough for guys with size 13 boots with a weight capacity of 350 pounds and the Chippewa wedge loc hanging system I would be all over that like a pig in mud.

I agree, run and gun stands for big guys are tough. My buddy and I are both 6'7" size 15 and 16 boots and over 230 (he's closer to 260). I'm not going to lie, stands that are comfortable are VERY tough to find.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:02 am

Anyone else really eyeing up Dan's treestand watching THP Challenge footage? Man that think looks awesome, nice narrow platform. I cant wait for that beauty to hit the market.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”