Going Public

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: Going Public

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:36 am

Welcome. This site has a wealth of knowledge in it. I would encourage you to read everything you can and be open minded. During the season it will be easy to fall back into old habits but resist the urge. It may take time but will eventually pay off.

Beastintraining

Unread postby Beastintraining » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 am

welcome to the beast!
Dmking33
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/100007073164656

Unread postby Dmking33 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 am

Welcome! No shortage of knowledge to learn here on the beast.
james.morse
Facebook: James Morse

Unread postby james.morse » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I really appreciate it. It takes some looking but within 2 hours from the house there are plenty of patches of public I've found. I found what I hope of a honey hole. 465 acres of public accessible only by boat and archery only. The river is the northern boundry and on the north side is a wildlife sanctuary where no hunting is allowed. Mixture of hardwood on the oxbow's with thick pine. It looks good on the map. I need to put my eyes on it but I might just have it to myself.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Welcome to the beast! Some advice i can give you that will be helpful while trying to be a beast.
1 have patience, beast style hunting will not happen over night!
2 forget everything you learned pre beast and stick with basic beast tactics first. Just start all over with an open mind
3 be prepared to go the extra mile on what ever you do. Scouting, hunting, cyber scouting, reading!
4 buy all the dvds. It not a gimmick they all work! And they all work together in some way or another! Once you start to figure things out you will see, they are very helpful! Plus there more dvds coming out too!
5 just have fun!
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
james.morse

Unread postby james.morse » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:11 pm

UofLbowhunter wrote:Welcome to the beast! Some advice i can give you that will be helpful while trying to be a beast.
2 forget everything you learned pre beast and stick with basic beast tactics first. Just start all over with an open mind
3 be prepared to go the extra mile on what ever you do. Scouting, hunting, cyber scouting, reading!
4 buy all the dvds. It not a gimmick they all work! And they all work together in some way or another! Once you start to figure things out you will see, they are very helpful! Plus there more dvds coming out too!
5 just have fun!

Thanks for the tips! I understand that the beast style of hunting is a total reset of the way I've hunted in the past and I honestly am looking forward to the challenge.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:19 pm

james.morse wrote:
UofLbowhunter wrote:Welcome to the beast! Some advice i can give you that will be helpful while trying to be a beast.
5 just have fun!

Thanks for the tips! I understand that the beast style of hunting is a total reset of the way I've hunted in the past and I honestly am looking forward to the challenge.

Its challenging for sure, dont be afraid to ask questions either somebody on here will help or guide you to some sort of answer!
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Lu Rome

Unread postby Lu Rome » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 am

Welcome to the Beast. Pull up a chair and read. Dig through the old threads and soak it in.
“Curiosity never killed the cat. The cat died from stupidity, or maybe an overdose of mice.” -The Old Man
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:46 am

Welcome! Sounds like a light bulb switch was flipped. Thats a great feeling no doubt.

Public land is filled w adventures that average private lands just dont have. One thing I must say is take care of yourself and stay safe out there.
james.morse

Unread postby james.morse » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:07 pm

I was looking at a arial map of the large NF land I plan on hunting. There is a small hunters campground off one of the main roads. North a few hundred yards is a large creek, small river that turns into swamp land. The first ket feature I spotted was a Norht turn in the creek and a large oxbow on the South side. I heard a voice in my head that sounded like the big buck serial killer himself saying, "That buck is bedded on the oxbow" There are also a number of points in the swanp land. It might be too late for boots on the ground scouting but I think I'm going to try and sneak in there this weekend for a look around.
Bowfisher

Unread postby Bowfisher » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:25 pm

I wouldn’t say it’s too late for boots on ground at all. It may not be ideal timing, but the best time to scout is when you have the time to scout. If you need intel, get your intel. Soak up as much info as you can while you’re there and you only disturb it once.
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Welcome
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Welcome to the Beast!

It's absolutely not too late for boots on the ground. Go get your intel and prep your setups!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”