Attaching the Hunt Comfort Seat...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dpierce72
500 Club

Attaching the Hunt Comfort Seat...

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Searched and read through multiple threads, but couldn't find how you guys are attaching the HC seat pads to your LW stands.

The snaps are on the top and don't appear to work well with Lone Wolf w/out modification. I can think of multiple ways to attach the seat, jut curious if there a 'best way' w/out reinventing the wheel.

And if I simply missed the thread where this is discussed, feel free to copy here if that's easier.

Thanks,

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Jonny
500 Club

Re: Attaching the Hunt Comfort Seat...

Unread postby Jonny » Fri May 11, 2018 1:08 pm

For the hang on? Mine has velcro on the bottom.

Might have the wrong seat?
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Hmmm ...I just got it from cabelas and didn't realize there were multiple models (mine is The Scout). Has three loops on the top with snaps.

I'm guessing this is the wrong one? And yes, LW Alpha...

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Matt6506

Unread postby Matt6506 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:37 pm

Dpierce72 wrote:Hmmm ...I just got it from cabelas and didn't realize there were multiple models (mine is The Scout). Has three loops on the top with snaps.

I'm guessing this is the wrong one? And yes, LW Alpha...

It will work I have the scout on my hangon I just ran paracord thru the loop below the snap and then tied it to the casting on all three sides with a square knot. If I get a chance I'll take a photo for you tomorrow after I get back from chasing thunder chickens.
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
- Fred Bear
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Fri May 11, 2018 1:42 pm

thats a great seat i just hand stitched one to my turkey vest.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Appreciate the quick replies and good luck chasing turkeys. Makes me sad it's over down here now.

RE: stitching it to the vest, will you be able to use it on your stand as well? I had it in mind for turkey hunting too, but thought I'd fashion it to a belt somehow vs. permanently stitching to a vest. Will this eliminate the ability to use it on your stand?
Enkriss
500 Club

Unread postby Enkriss » Fri May 11, 2018 2:20 pm

I have the outpost and it is cut to the shape of the lone wolf casting and fits perfect.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Enkriss wrote:I have the outpost and it is cut to the shape of the lone wolf casting and fits perfect.

That’s what I have.

Fits my xop like a glove. Too big for my assault so I put the old xop seat on top of the lone wolf cushion.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Dpierce72 wrote:Appreciate the quick replies and good luck chasing turkeys. Makes me sad it's over down here now.

RE: stitching it to the vest, will you be able to use it on your stand as well? I had it in mind for turkey hunting too, but thought I'd fashion it to a belt somehow vs. permanently stitching to a vest. Will this eliminate the ability to use it on your stand?

kinda, i stitched the old clamps to the seat. so if i wanted to i could take it off, but will have the longer straps attached. i am sure i could have stitched it to where i just unsnap the snaps but i wanted it to stay on without having to worry about it. the seats on my muddy vantage points work great for me. the sitting on the ground in awkward positions while turkey hunting that really affect my back, but and legs.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:40 pm

jporcello wrote:
Dpierce72 wrote:Appreciate the quick replies and good luck chasing turkeys. Makes me sad it's over down here now.

kinda, i stitched the old clamps to the seat. so if i wanted to i could take it off, but will have the longer straps attached. i am sure i could have stitched it to where i just unsnap the snaps but i wanted it to stay on without having to worry about it. the seats on my muddy vantage points work great for me. the sitting on the ground in awkward positions while turkey hunting that really affect my back, but and legs.

Yep ...me too re: back, but, legs...
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 am

Okay ...I'm going to reveal that I can be a little anal with this one...

As much as I like the Hunt Comfort 'Scout' cushion, I DID NOT like how I had to fashion it to the stand based on the snaps on the top. Could see how this would be the ticket for ground sitting (ie turkey/coyote) but not for attaching to a Lone Wolf (although I know some have).

In case anyone hits this thread down the road and wonders, I decided to order the Hunt Comfort 'Outpost' with velcro loops on the bottom (many of you mentioned this above which led to my decision). This cushion should attach much better and have less excess material width-wise. I also became concerned how The Scout might impede the Third Hand Bow Holder as its a bit wider.

So, for attaching to a Lone Wolf Outpost > Scout from Hunt Comfort Seat Cushions IMO ...and as many of you mentioned above.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:04 am

Got the Outpost in and attached perfectly to the Alpha - no comparison vs the Scout (which again would be great for ground hunting ie turkey/coyote).

This is ABSOLUTELY the seat to get for attaching to a LW. It only cost me $12 in return shipping "STUPID" tax for making the mistake.

Posting this to hopefully help someone avoid paying the "STUPID" tax I paid if they research this topic.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”