My deer and my deer woods

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: My deer and my deer woods

Unread postby Jonny » Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 am

Dewey wrote:
elk yinzer wrote:Sounds like a good place for a large beast group scout. Strength in numbers!

That’s funny because I thought the same exact thing. :lol:Nothing like 25 guys showing up at his honey hole. What’s he gonna do.....threaten everyone? :think:

Just make sure to bring the biggest and ugliest beasts we have :lol:

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 am

A5BLASTER wrote:That is truly sad.

Here is my take on it.

You failed to fix the problem the second he would have treated me and my property I would have pulled my pistal and my phone called 911 and told them I was being physically threatened and need law enforcement and that I was armed and had my weapon out and if threatened again I would use it.

This is the only way to fix this guy's problem and those in the area like him.

Until someone goes about it this way him and his type will continue to do so things to others.

I for one will never back down from people like that, to many brave me and woman have given their lives for me to have the right to hunt there to back down.

im 43 he was late 60's if not early 70's . lmao am i gonna fight him ? i dont think so thats a no win for me there . and i diont carry i cant yet til i get registered in my new home so that was out of the question
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri May 11, 2018 7:37 am

headgear wrote:Some people are crazy, you should contact the local CO and have him pay this man a visit. You already have him on hunter harassment & terroristic threats. No doubt you aren't the first and won't be the last, this guys needs to be put in his place in the worst way.

I agree.

Call the authorities for sure. Look at it this way: what happens when the next guy shows up? And the next guy? Sooner or later something bad will happen. Might as well save someone from having to put new tires on their rig. Or worse some innocent hunter could get hurt if he says the wrong thing.

Report it. If you’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri May 11, 2018 7:40 am

RidgeGhost wrote:Well I think you handled it well. Keep yourself out of danger first then worry about the real issue later.

How about asking your DNR for some signs and go out and post up public land signs all over the place. Let the rest of the public know it's there. Might hurt your hunting, but sounds like it's getting pounded by his group anyway.

The only way he is going to stop is either if law enforcement gets involved or if you inundate him with other public land hunters and he gives up. Maybe we can have a beast scouting workshop on his little sanctuary.

i agree ridge the piece is pounded and is just not worth the effort i am going to let dnr know of this incident and relay the truck information and like you said suggest signs be posted
i realy dont think i could have handled it any differently . now if he was around 20 years younger that would maybe a different scenerio lol
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Fri May 11, 2018 9:48 am

Well handled....report him . but not the cops. Call in the CO as others have said. Scout it, hunt it. You might want to get dropped off, though :lol: .
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am

If someone pulls up when I'm getting ready to hunt I have my phone with me anyways and record the conversation. I've never had negative experiences like yourself but proof of a conversation like you had would be valuable.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Fri May 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Here is my take on it.

You failed to fix the problem the second he would have treated me and my property I would have pulled my pistal and my phone called 911 and told them I was being physically threatened and need law enforcement and that I was armed and had my weapon out and if threatened again I would use it.

Until someone goes about it this way him and his type will continue to do so things to others.

I for one will never back down from people like that, to many brave me and woman have given their lives for me to have the right to hunt there to back down.

Pulling a pistal could get a guy in trouble depending the situation and state laws. I would have pulled my phone and video taped the whole thing, then called law enforcement. It was never said weather the old timer even got out of his truck. If he didn't get out of the truck and you pulled a gun in WI, you will get in very serious trouble for brandishing when not necessary. Better to take the high road and live another day than die over a deer hunting spot.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 pm

TheBuckPsych wrote:

Here is my take on it.

im 43 he was late 60's if not early 70's . lmao am i gonna fight him ? i dont think so thats a no win for me there . and i diont carry i cant yet til i get registered in my new home so that was out of the question

Age is no excuse for thug life behavior, I live and hunt in louisiana, if this would have been me I would have been 100% in my right under law to plant him, and would have done so if I are my property would have been threatned like you had.

I simple don't believe in letting someone treat anyone in such a manner, no matter if I ever hunted there after that day I will never back down from that type of behavior ever.

That's what's wrong with this country, people have learned if they yell and carry on with foul language and Hillary Clinton type liberal behavior everyone will give in too their demands.

You did what you feel was the best thing to do and I support and commend you for that.

I'm not that good a man, I would have shown him his mistake and showed him how it could be fixed.
4 the chase

Unread postby 4 the chase » Fri May 11, 2018 12:47 pm

What a bummer of an experience and a lot of good feedback given so far. I've hunted public land my entire life and rarely run into these situations. Call it Minnesota Nice but seems like hunters respect the "first come first served" aspect of public land in the area I hunt. We have our traditional areas that we tend to hunt, as do other hunters that have been in the area for decades like us. We each respect that and give others their space. When someone new wanders into the area, we make nice and let them know where we tend to hunt fully knowing that it's public and they have just as much of a right to it as we do. Most of the time they move on w/o any issues. It probably helps that there are thousands of acres of public land in the area too. I can see where it might get more contentious in areas with limited land access.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Its no fun for sure.
I had a guy attempt to kick me off of national forest land a few years back. He had a bait and a permanent stand built in there. There was a big buck living on that piece and I would check every day to see if he crossed thru.
This guy was known in the area as a bully. I reported the situation just in case he ever did anything stupid.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Fri May 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I agree with some others that a fight isn’t worth it just to prove a point to a bully. My blood would have been boiling however.

I think calling the C O is a must though. This man needs to be shut down with his ridiculousness and his physical threats.

The old bully will get his someday...
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Chuck B wrote:I agree with some others that a fight isn’t worth it just to prove a point to a bully. My blood would have been boiling however.

I think calling the C O is a must though. This man needs to be shut down with his ridiculousness and his physical threats.

The old bully will get his someday...

ive told the proper people about it he actually a fellow beast member and a good friend of mine which i dont want to mention his name but i gave him the info and he gonna give the area supervisor of that piece the heads up
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sat May 12, 2018 12:33 am

A5BLASTER wrote:
I'm not that good a man, I would have shown him his mistake and showed him how it could be fixed.

This is a great line!
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Sat May 12, 2018 1:51 am

I honestly wish I was more like you, calm, cool and collected. I say that because I would have handled that situation a little differently, being treated and threatened like that, I don't take stuff like that lightly and in the end, it would have got us both in trouble.

I think you handled it the right way, keeping calm and taking pictures of his truck/license plate and getting a hold of someone to let them be aware, just hope they talk to the man. You are a better man than he is that is for sure.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat May 12, 2018 4:07 am

Some people are just idiots!

I would turn him in...and most likely hunt somewhere else. Seems like way too much hunter pressure for a mature buck anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”